Have you guys thought that there is no Custom Recovery for Galaxy E5? I thought the same thing as well since this device isn’t so popular but thanks to jackeagle a Recognized Developer at the XDA you can install TWRP Recovery on your phone. He managed to build a stable recovery and anyone can install it.
A Custom Recovery is needed if you wanna flash Custom ROMs, mods and various zip files which will customize you device. A Custom Recovery has more feature than the stock one. It allows you to perform more actions than you can do with the stock Recovery. The main point why we install a Custom Recovery is to flash things.
TWRP is probably the best recovery for Android. It has a lot of features and what’s important it’s very easy to use. Using the Recovery you can make a Nandroid backup which mean a full backup of your current ROM. If things get messed when you flash something you can restore back to your current ROM.
Installing TWRP Custom Recovery on Samsung Galaxy E5 will trigger the KNOX counter and the warranty will be void. If it will trip the KNOX value you can’t do anything to revert it back. We shall not held any responsibility if you experience any trouble with your device. Remember you decided to do everything on your own risk and if anything goes wrong it’s your responsibility.
- This recovery is only for Samsung Galaxy E500H. Do not try it on other variants otherwise you can end in soft bricking.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your computer. Make sure you download the latest version of the driver.
- Download ODIN flash tool.
- Charge your phone up to 60% so it won’t turn of unexpectedly during the installation of the recovery.
- Backup all your important files in case anything goes wrong.
How to install TWRP Custom Recovery on Samsung Galaxy E500H
- Turn off your phone and boot it into ODIN Mode. Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power Button at the same time. Once you see the Galaxy E5 logo release them. To confirm press Volume Up.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Opemn ODIN on your computer and if there is a pop-up like installing ADB drivers just let it finish.
- Make sure that the COM : xx (xx is the port number don’t worry about it) is light up.
- Click on AP Tab and select the recovery tar file.
- Only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time is ticked and nothing else.
- If you are installing recovery for the first time untick Auto Reboot.
- Click Start and wait for the process to end.
- Once it says PASS. Boot into Recovery using Volume Up + Home + Power Button.
- That’s all!
You have sucessfully installed TWRP Custom Recovery on Samsung Galaxy E500H.