The flagship device of LG, one of the biggest tech manufacture in the market, the LG G3 receives the official Android 5.0 Lollipop update. LG was the second company that released the official update for its flagship device. In fact it was the third, because the first were Google Nexus devices and then we saw Samsung releasing the update for its devices. But we know that Nexus devices are always the first when it comes to receive an Android Update.
If you hadn’t already rooted you device and installed a Lollipop based Custom ROM, now you can install the official update without doing those action like rooting, flashing Custom Recovery and then flash a Custom ROM. The update come as a OTA and it was first appeared in South Korea and Poland. The company said that the update will be available in other countries in a couple of days. So it’s only a matter of time for your device to receive the Update.
If you want to install the OTA Update, which means that you can update the phone without having to use a computer and perform many actions, go to Settings > About Phone > Software Update and let the phone check for updates. If the Android Lollipop Update is available in your country the phone will shows that a new update is available and will ask you to download it. Once downloaded, install the update and restart the phone. Without further action your LG G3 device will be running Android 5.0 Lollipop.
If Android 5.0 Lollipop Update for LG G3 hasn’t come to your country yet, there is nothing to worry. You still can install Android 5.0 Lollipop Update on LG G3 thanks to a XDA Senior Member called scooti which released Stock Android Lollipop ROM for LG G3. Even though you have already rooted you LG G3, installing this ROM can bring it back to stock, but in this case in Sock Android 5.0 Lollipop. So without further ado let’s jump to the installation guide.
Note: We are not responsible for any damage you made to your phone. You decided to mess up with your own, so if anything goes wrong is your responsibility. Make sure to follow the following steps correctly if you don’t want to brick you phone.
- This method and the file is only for LG G3 D855. Don’t try it in another phones because it will result in bricking your phone. To check your device number go to Settings > About Phone and check the model number of you phone.
- Make sure to recharge your phone. The battery should be charged more than 70% so the phone will not go dead during the procedure. If it goes dead it will result in soft bricking.
- You have to root your LG G3, or if you already have rooted it, install Bumped TWRP Recovery on your LG G3 D855.
- Download and Install LG USB Drivers.
- Perform a backup like SMS, contacts, calendars and others so you will be safe. Even if something goes wrong you still can acess your data and restore them.
- Using TWRP take a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM.
- Enable USB Debugging. To do it go to Settings > Developer Options and check the box to Developer Options. If you can’t find Developer Options, go to Settings > About Phone and check 7 time on build number. A message will appear saying “You are now a Developer”. Then go to Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
- Setup Android SDK and Fastboot.
How To Install Stock Android 5.0 Lollipop On LG G3 D855
- Plug in your device to computer in Media Device (MTP) mode.
- Download LG_G3_D855_Stock_20C_Bumped_Fixed.zip and copy it on your device storage where you can easily find it.
- Then reboot the phone into Recovery, you can do it by using buttons or open a Command Prompt and enter the following code to reboot your device into recovery: adb reboot recovery.
- Then select Wipe > Advanced Wipe and enable System, Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache and confirm.
- Go back to Recovery main screen and tap on Install, then find the LG_G3_D855_Stock_20C_Bumped_Fixed.zip. Swipe the confirmation slider again to confirm the action. Once it is complete, choose Reboot and tap on System.
The first booted might need some time to complete so there is nothing to worry. Wait for the System to reboot and then you can enjoy Android Lollipop features in your LG G3.