A new CyanogenMod ROM is available for Moto E and you can install it right now on your device. CM12 ROM for Motorola E is based on latest version of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. We have seen other ROMs based on Lollipop 5.0, but even though they are improved for better performance still a few bugs exists.
Those bugs are not important and you will never notice them. But since Google wants to be perfect, it soon released an update for 5.0 Lollipop. The first update over 5.0 Lollipop, the 5.0.1 brings fixes for this few bugs that were noticed and also optimizations for better performance. After 5.0.1 Lollipop a new update started rolling out. 5.0.2 Lollipop brings more optimizations to your device.
At the same time not only Google is releasing updates for Android. The major Custom ROMs are also being updated to the latest version of stock Android. One of the most popular Custom ROM is CyanogenMod 12. Ever since Google announced for the first time Lollipop and released it’s source we have seen custom build of CM12 being released for a few devices.
In this article we are going to present you with the latest build of CyanogenMod 12 for Motorola Moto E. This CM12 build is based on 5.0.2 Lollipop and has all its features and optimizations and all the improvements that the developers have made to the ROM for better performance and a long battery life. So if you want to install CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Moto E follow the step by step guide below. It’s simple and anyone can do it. So let’s jump on the installation guide of CM 12 on Motorola Moto E.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any bricked phone, dead SDcard or anything else happen to your phone. If you have any question make it in the comment section below or do a little search. Remember this will void your warranty. If you are choosing to install this ROM and do modifications to the system and anything goes wrong, don’t put your finger over me. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure you have rooted your Moto E.
- A Custom Recovery must be installed. It’s suggested to use TWRP.
- Charge the battery at least 60% so your phone will not go dead during the flashing procces.
- This ROM is only for Motorola Moto E. Don’t flash it on any other device because it will result in phone bricking.
- 5.0.2 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 ROM. download here.
- Google Apps. CM12 Gapps. Download here.
How to install CyanogenMod 12 ROM Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Motorola Moto E
- Download ROM zip file and Gapps
- Move them somewhere on internal memory where you can easily find.
- Turn of your phone and boot into Recovery.
- Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache.
- Flash ROM zip file.
- Reboot the phone.
- Flash Gapps.
The first boot might take more time than usually so there is nothing to worry. Sit back and wait for your Moto E to turn on. Once it’s on it will be running CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.