Great news guys! Who will ever though that a 4 years old device now is still holding up strong and in time for some Nougat treatment. It’s time to talk about Nexus 4 that has just received an early build of the stock AOSP ROM Android 7.0 Nougat.
As the developer says he is still working on this ROM and for now it’s an early stage. This is a stock AOSP ROM that will bring all the features of Nougat on your Nexus 4. If you like the latest version of Android and want to try it, go ahead and install Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on Nexus 4 by following the steps below.
This is a early build of Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for Nexus 4 and it might work properly. There are few things reported as not working, so expect crashes because you will see plethora of them. Here at DoryLabs we shall not held any kind of responsibility for any damage that may happens to your phone. If you want to install Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on Nexus 4 do at your own risk.
Before going to install the ROM take a look what is working and what is not. These are just few things. We haven’t tested all of them.
- Brightness slider (simply disable adaptive brightness in order to use it)
- Camera and sensors (accelerometer, proximity sensor etc).. Well, as I said I haven’t checked everything.
Note: This are reported for now but in the nearly feature the developer will update the ROM and more things will be fixed. For now we don’t recommend to use this ROM as a daily driver but instead simply flash to get a feeling how Android 7.0 Nougat will look on Nexus 4. To stay updated visit the official thread (link in the end of the post)
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on Nexus 4
- You should have root access and also a custom recovery like TWRP installed.
- Charge your phone up to 60% o it won’t turn off unexpectedly. If it goes dead during the flashing process you may end up in soft bricking. I’m pretty sure you don’t want to handle with it.
- First of all I strongly recommend do a backup of your important files such as photos, videos, documents etc. Nandroid backup is the best way because it will create a full copy your current ROM. It is easy to do and to restore back just in case you want to revert back.
- Turn off your phone and boot into Recovery.
- First flash the ROM zip file.
- Then flash Gapps.
- Go back to main menu of recovery and Wipe Data.
- Flash SuperSU, this is optional. Flash only if you want to have root access.
Wait until your phone turns on. The first boot might take a while so just sit back and wait few minutes.
Note: If you see Fc’s all along the setup, just skip them if shown. Also in case that Google Play Services craches, simply grant it the location permission in Settings.
If you have any other question feel free to ask in the comment section below. We will be happy to help you solve any issue you may have with your device. To be updated with the latest news about this ROM visit the official thread. The developers will update the thread once a new version of the ROM is released.