Some of the popular manufactures like Sony, HTC, Motorola and others locked the bootloader of their devices in order to restrict the users doing things that can put the devices in risk. However this companies especially Motorola also give users the chance to unlock the bootloader easily.
For Motorola devices the unlocking bootloader guide is found in the official site and every one who has a little knowledge about Android can do it. But when you unlock the bootloader a warning message will appear every time you reboot your phone.
To remove the “Unlocked Bootloader” Warning from Motorola devices is quite easy. You can perform this method in Moto G 2015, Moto X Pure, Moto X Style and almost in every other Moto device. This method is all about replacing the “Unlocked Bootloader” warning with a new logo. In the tutorial below we have used the official Motorola logo but you can use whatever you want.
Well, the new logo is supposed to replace the “Unlocked Bootloader” warning in every Moto device but it’s not tested on all of them. So according to the developers it might work good but if any thing goes wrong do not put the finger on us.
The easiest way to remove “Unlocked Bootloader” Warning is to flash the file using ADB & Fastboot as explained in the tutorial below but if you have already rooted your phone and installed a Custom Recovery like TWRP, you can flash the zip file also. If you are already rooted than probably you know how to flash files through Recovery so we have covered only the ADB & Fastboot guide.
- Download and install the proper Android USB drivers on your PC otherwise it won’t recognize the phone.
- Set up ADB and Fastboot. You can get the quick ADB & Fastboot installer from here.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging and enable it.
How to remove “Unlocked Bootloader” Warning on Moto G 2015, Moto X Pure and Moto X Style
- Make sure you have installed correctly ADB & Fastboot on your PC.
- Download the new logo file from the link above and extract the zip file.
- Open the extracted folder and find the logo.bin file.
- Move it to a place you can easily find it later.
- Turn off your phone and boot into Recovery. To do so press Volume down and Power button in the same time and hold them for 5-7 seconds.
- Once you see the bootloader screen plug your phone to PC.
- Navigate to the folder you put the logo.bin file. Once you are in that folder hold shift key and then right-click on an emty space.
- Choose “Open Command Window Here” and a CMD window will open.
- Type the following code on it:
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
- Now type this code:
- Your phone will reboot and you will see that the “Unlocked Bootloader” Warning is removed and replaced with the Motorola logo.
You can put whatever image you want as a logo but you have to make sure it is in the required resolution and has the bin extension otherwise you will be in trouble.
If you have any question you can do it in the comment section. It will be our pleasure to answer whatever problem you may have with your device.