In this article we are going to learn how to get Android 6.01 Marshmallow on Galaxy Note 2 using a Custom ROM named as Resurrection Remix. The latest build of this ROM is based totally on Android 6.0.1 and brings all it’s features.
Galaxy Note 2 still remain a popular device. This device was the one that make popular the Galaxy Note line, so there is a huge number of people who are using it. Developers as well like it and create amazing stuff like mods and ROMs. A developer at the XDA community named as brunoisa10 created a build of Resurrection Remix ROM based on Marshmallow 6.0.1 for Galaxy Note 2.
So even if you can’t get the Marshmallow update officially, you still can enjoy its features by installing this ROM. If you have flashed ROMs before you may know that Resurrection Remix is one of the most popular ROMs in for Android devices.
Besides the fact that the latest build of this ROM is based on Android 6.0, Resurrection Remix has also it’s own features that you will like. This ROM has more features than other ROMs, you may notice by the name tha it is a mix of all popular ROMs including CyanogenMod and so on. So if you wanna do something great go and install Resurrection Remix ROM on Galaxy Note 2.
- Backup your current ROM and save your precious files like pictures, video, documents etc somewhere else. In case that something go wrong you still can restore back your current ROM and your files will be safe.
- Download the files below and put them into the SD Card memory of your phone.
- Charge your Galaxy Note 2 at least 60% so you will ensure that it won’t turn off unexpectedly during the installation process.
- You must have root access on your phone and a Custom Recovery like TWRP and CWM installed on it. There are many guides online so with a little search you can find the proper one if you don’t have already rooted your phone and installed a recovery.
- Resurrection Remix ROM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy Note 2. Download here.
- Google Apps (Gapps) for Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Download here.
How To Install Resurrection Remix ROM Android 6.0.1 On Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
- Turn off your phone and wait for few seconds.
- Boot it into Recovery. To do so press and hold in the same time Volume Up + Home + Power Button.
- Once your phone boot into Recovery we recommend you to do a Nandroid backup.
- Go back to main menu of Recovery and wipe everything, Cache, Dalvik Cache, System and then perform a factory reset.
- Go to install section and then flash the ROM zip file you have downloaded from the link below.
- Wait for the ROM to be installed and then flash Google Apps.
- Now reboot your phone.
The first boot may take a bit more than usually because the system need its time to configure the files for first time use. Once it’s done the phone will turn on and it will be running Resurrection Remix Marshmallow ROM.