Android 8.0 made its way to HTC One M8 even though it is not an official build yet. Developers have built an unofficial ROM of LineageOS 15.0 for HTC One M8 and in this post, you will learn how to install it.
LineageOS is a free, community build, firmware distribution of Android. The latest build, LineageOS 15.0 is based on Android 8.0 Oreo which is designed to increase performance and reliability over the stock Android firmware. Lineage OS is based on Android Open Source Project but it comes with extra features from many people within the Android community.
Below you will find an unofficial build of LineageOS 15.0 Android 8.0 Oreo for HTC One M8 single sim and dual sim. The ROM is in the early stage and might not be stable enough to be considered as a daily driver but if you are an Android enthusiast and like to play with your device then you may consider giving this ROM a try. So go ahead and learn how to install Android 8.0 on HTC One M8.
What doesn’t work
- Camera and Flashlight
Besides the camera and Bluetooth, everything else is working fine so you may want to install the ROM and get a feeling on Android 8.0 on HTC One M8 both single and dual Sim.
Rember this is an unofficial build and it is still an Alpha release so bugs may be found. Take this ROM as an early preview to just test Android 8.0 on HTC One M8. Here at DoryLabs, we do not hold any responsibility if something goes wrong. Remember you’re doing this at your own risk and don’t put the finger on anyone if you run into troubles. Also, if you don’t know what this ROM is, do a research before going any further.
- LineageOS 15.0 Android 8.0 for HTC One M8 single SIM (m8ul, m8vzw and m8spr) | Download
- Android 8.0 Lineage OS 15.0 for HTC One M8 Dual SIM (m8dug and m8dwg) | Download
How to install LineageOS 15.0 Android Oreo 8.0 on HTC One M8
- Download the ROM zip file from the link above. Choose the file depending on your phone model.
- Turn off the device and boot it into recovery mode. It’s recommended to use the latest build of TWRP that is quite stable and has a simple user interface.
- It’s recommended to do a backup. We recommend doing a Nandroid backup because it will create a copy of all the system and it’s pretty easy to restore it back.
- Wipe System, Data and Cache.
- Navigate to the install section and flash the ROM zip file you downloaded from the link above.
- Optional: Flash Google Apps (Gapps) for Android 8.0.
- Reboot and enjoy.
The first boot may take a couple of minutes and once the phone boots up it will be running LineageOS Android 8.0 Oreo.
If you have any question related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section below and we will be happy to help you. Also, we appreciate if you share your experience with the LineageOS 15.0 on HTC One M8.