Rooting your phone has never been so easy. Many developers continuously are developing new tools so everyone can get root access on their Android device no matter if it’s the last flagship device or just a device released times ago. In this post, we will share with you a simple way how to root Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime with Super SU.
Thanks to an XDA member named hernankano we can quickly root Galaxy J2 Prime SM-G532F, SM-G532M, SM-G532G and install SuperSU. He created a boot and a script that in just a few minutes will root your device. The developer is insecure about the boot but it is tested by various developers and Galaxy J2 Prime users and it works perfectly.
If you have been looking for a way to root Galaxy J2 Prime with SuperSu, probably this is the only method to root SM-G532F, SM-G532M, SM-G532G. Without further ado let’s jump into the guide how to do it. Also, you will find a guide how to unroot the Galaxy J2 Prime.
Here at DoryLabs we will not be responsible for any damage of your phone. We share methods and tools to help you to do various modifications to your Android devices but this doesn’t mean that the chance of not experiencing troubles exists. Even thought this tool is tested before and reported as fully working still make sure to use it carefully. By the end if something goes wrong do not put the finger on anyone. You are doing this at your own risk. If you do not know what root involves that better do a research and then come back. Also, if you need our help with anything related to this post or Android, in general, feel free to leave us a comment below and we will do our best to help you.
How to root Galaxy J2 Prime with SuperSU
- Make sure USB Drivers are installed correctly and connect your phone to PC.
- Download the zip file from the link above and uncompress it.
- Click on the ROOT.exe and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Wait for the process to finish and after the phone reboots go to App Drawer and find SuperSU.
- Open SuperSU and update the binary.
How to unroot Galaxy J2 Prime
This is pretty simple to do. Download the “stock-boot.tar” from the link above and flash it via ODIN. If you haven’t flashed a file with ODIN before, follow the steps below:
- Download the “stock-boot”.tar from the link above.
- Connect your phone to computer using an original USB cable.
- Open ODIN on your computer and check if it has recognized the device. Look at the ID:COM box.
- Click on the AP tab and select the “stock-boot.tar” you downloaded before.
- Click START and wait for the process to finish.
It may happen you get a message “set warranty bit = kernel (0)” every time the device starts. But do not worry, this is normal because of the boot file that was flashed. It will not affect the phone performance and use.
If you want to remove all of these and revert back to stock, you need to flash the official firmware with ODIN.