[Guide] Root Galaxy Note 4 all Variants With CF Auto Root
The first step you should take to enter in the world of Android customization is to get root access. Rooting your phone means you will have full control over it. In this article we are going to learn how to easily root Galaxy Note 4 all variants using CF-Auto Root.
CF-Auto Root is a tool for beginners and for those who want to stay as close to stock as possible. The intention of CF-Root is to use it with a combination of a Samsung firmware. This is the easiest way to root Galaxy Note 4.
CF-Auto Root has been available for many devices such as Galaxy S1, S2, S3, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Note 3 etc. Now it is available for almost all the Galaxy Note 4 variants. Below you’re going to find a step by step guide how to root Galaxy Note 4 with CF-Auto Root.
If you root your phone with CF-Auto Root it will trip the KNOX feature and you can’t restore it back. This means you will lose your warranty and will not get any free support from the retail store. Here at DoryLabs no one shall held any kind of responsibility for troubles you may get while rooting your Note 4. The files you’re going to find in this post are tested and they work. But anyway if you wanna root Galaxy Note 4 with CF-Auto Root do it at your own risk.
Check your phone model number and then download the proper file from the link below. Go to Settings > About Phone to check that.
- SM-N910 F, Qualcomm International variant – CF-Auto-Root-trlte-trltexx-smn910f.zip
- SM-N910G, Asia, Qualcomm – CF-Auto-Root-trlte-trltedt-smn910g.zip
- SM-N910H, Asia, Exynos – CF-Auto-Root-tre3g-tre3gxx-smn910h.zip
- SM-N910T, T-Mobile USA, Qualcomm – CF-Auto-Root-trltetmo-trltetmo-smn910t.zip
- SM-N910P, Sprint, Qualcomm – CF-Auto-Root-trltespr-trltespr-smn910p.zip
- SM-N910R4, US Cellular, Qualcomm – CF-Auto-Root-trlteusc-trlteusc-smn910r4.zip
- SM-N910W8, Canadia, Qualcomm – CF-Auto-Root-trltecan-trltecan-smn910w8.zip
- SM-N910C, Thailand, Exynos – CF-Auto-Root-trelte-treltexx-smn910c.zip
- SM-N910U, Hong Kong, Exynos – CF-Auto-Root-trhplte-trhpltexx-smn910u.zip
- SM-N910K, Korea, Exynos – CF-Auto-Root-treltektt-treltektt-smn910k.zip
- SM-N910L, Korea, Exynos – CF-Auto-Root-treltelgt-treltelgt-smn910l.zip
- SM-N910S, Korea, Exynos – CF-Auto-Root-trelteskt-trelteskt-smn910s.zip
- SM-N9100, China, Qualcomm – CF-Auto-Root-trltechn-trlteduoszc-smn9100.zip
- SM-N9106W, China, Qualcomm) – CF-Auto-Root-trltechn-trlteduoszn-smn9106w.zip
- SM-N9108V, China, Qualcomm) – CF-Auto-Root-trltechn-trltezm-smn9108v.zip
- SM-N9109W, China, Qualcomm) – CF-Auto-Root-trltechn-trlteduosctc-smn9109w.zip
How to root Galaxy Note 4 with CF-Auto Root
- Download the CF-Auto Root zip file from the downloads section.
- Extract the file probably once until you get .tar.md5 file.
- Open ODIN on your computer. Download it here if you haven’t downloaded yet.
- Click the PDA button and select CF-Auto-Root-….tar.md5
- Now put your phone into download mode. To do that press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power Button in the same time.
- Once your phone boots into Download Mode connect it to PC using an original USB cable.
- Make sure that Repartition on ODIN is not checked.
- Click START and wait for your phone to boot.
- That’s all.
Sometimes the device doesn’t boot into recovery mode and root the device. If this happens repeat the entire process again. If still it doesn’t install root, check ODIN and make sure “Auto Reboot” is not checked. Then after flashing SuperSU, pull the battery and boot with Volume Up + Home + Power button. It will start the install process.
You may like: Download Galaxy Note 7 GraceUX Apps
Now go to app drawer and look for SuperSU. Sometimes it can happens SuperSU might not be installed. Install it from Play Store and it will work just fine. Also install root checker to check if you have root access or not.
If you have got root access you may want not to install a custom recovery on Galaxy Note 4. It will be needed if you want to install a mod or a Custom ROM.