Here is how to root Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge on Android Nougat. This guide, you’re going to find here works for all USA Qualcomm Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge variants. So if you got yourself a new device from T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint or AT&T and recently it got a Nougat OTA update you can have root access right away. I’ll walk you through all the steps you need to take.
This method is tested and many people have had success with it, some others have reported problems especially with Sprint devices after they get root access. However, for me and many other people, it worked fine. So if you want to get root access on Qualcomm Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge go ahead and read further.
Here at DoryLabs we are not responsible if you end up in a soft bricked device or if you break up with your girlfriend. Remember you are doing this at your own risk and it’s all your responsibility for whatever can happen
If you root Qualcomm Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge you won’t be able to use Samsung Pay after you get root access. This process is reversible. One of the methods you can use is simply doing a factory reset and then re-flashing the Nougat firmware 7.0 via Odin. By rooting your device you will trip the KNOX counter but fortunately, this process doesn’t trigger it.
However, remember that if you mess up with your device you may lose the warranty. If you are not sure what root is all about and its risks and benefits better do a research and then come back here to continue further if you make up your mind and you still want to root the USA versions of Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge.
Many thanks to the developers at the XDA who released the files. I can’t mention you guys here but definitely, you are doing a great work.
How to root Qualcomm Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Android 7.0 Nougat (Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T)
How to root
- Make sure you have installed ADB drivers and also USB drivers on your computer.
Remember this method is not tested with all the Qualcomm variants of Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge so do everything at your own risk.
Your device must be running Android 7.0 Nougat.
Download the files from the links above and put them in a folder. You may need to unzip accordingly.
- Turn off your device and boot into download mode. Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power Button then click home again to continue to download mode.
- Download and unzip ENG BOOT file. After the unzip you should get a .tar file for your device. Don’t unzip the tar file.
- Open the modified Odin on your computer and click on the AP Tab then select the tar file you get from the link above.
- Connect your phone to the computer through an USB cable. Make sure the computer recognises the phone. Check the COM port on ODIN for this purpose. If you are having trouble you may need to re-install the proper USB drivers.
- Click START and wait for ODIN to flash the file.
- Wait for the phone to boot up and then open a command prompt (CMD) and navigate where you downloaded SuperSU2.79.
- In the command prompt window type root.bat. I will push the files to the phone and once it’s completed it will be rooted.
- After a couple of minutes the phone will reboot and when it turns on, go to the app drawer and you will notice SuperSU installed and you will have root access.
This is just a way that works for many devices but it may not work for all. So again if you want to give it a try do at your own risk.