Have you guys updated your Xperia Z2 or Z3 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop? If yes then it’s time to root it and release the real power of the beast. By following this guide you can get root access on your Xperia Z2 or Z3 without worrying about the bootloader. It doesn’t matter if it’s locked or unlocked, this guide will work on both cases.
To root Sony Xperia Z2 or Z3 by following this guide is very easy and you won’t need anything else except your phone. You don’t have to go through long and hard guides any more just to get root access. There are many one-click root tool that will root your device with a obly single click. In this case we are going to use KingRoot tool.
Please make sure to follow all the steps carefully otherwise you can experience problems during the process. This guide was created by a XDA member named as ALp TR. He has collected all the files and put them under one folder so we can easily download and use them to get root access on Xperia Z2 or Z3 Lollipop firmware.
This procedure will void your warranty and you want receive any kind of free service from the manufacture or the service you have bought the phone. I shall not held any responsibility for any trouble happens to your phone. Remember only you can decide to go further and root Sony Xperia Z2 or Z3. Please follow all the steps carefully if you don’t want to experience any trouble with your phone.
Note: This guide is only for Sony Xperia Z2 and Z3 running Lollipop 5.0.2 firmware. It will work on all devices no matter if you have a locked or unlocked bootloader.
- Xperia Z2 & Z3 Root For Lollipop Firmware.
How To Root Sony Xperia Z2 & Z3 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Firmware
- Download Xperia Z2 & Z3 Root from the link above.
- Extract the zip file and go to the extracted folder.
- Copy ALP folder in the phone memory.
- Enable Unknown Sources under Settings > Security.
- Enable USB Debugging.
- Go to ALP Folder and install Root.apk. Accept all the messages.
- Install Recovery.apk
- Install Busybox.apk
- Download and open KingRoot tool and click Root button.
- Wait for the proccess to complete. If a chinese blue button appears, click on it and make sure to allow all the messages.
- When a blue tick simbol is shown or 100% then it’s OK.
- If KingUser appears on the app drawer then it’s good. Do not open it.
- Open Busybox and install it.
- Open XZRecovery and click Install Recovery
- The phone will reboot and Recovery will be opened.
- Go to install and select the SuperSU zip file from the ALP Folder.
- Wait for the installation to finish and then perform a full Wipe, Cache, Dalvik Cache.
- Reboot the phone.
- Go to app drawer and you should see SuperSU installed.
- To verify root you can downlod Root Checker from Play Store.
- Optional. You can uninstall KingRoot, BusyBox and Xzrecovery because they won’t affect root access.