In this article, we will walk through a guide how to quickly SIM unlock any Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 of any carrier. Before going any further you should know that this guide works only for those devices that have been updated to the new bootloader 4 firmware. It prevents downgrading to a firmware compatible with many tools for SIM unlock. Some firmware that may suffer this: PJ2, PH7 and PK1 for the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
The procedure of SIM unlocking Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge consists on rooting the device. This means the KNOX value will be tripped and you will loose the warranty. If you know any other method to root your device without triggering KNOX and that won’t void the warranty, you may need to use that instead of the one you will find below. After you get root access there are several methods to SIM unlock Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
We are not responsible for any issues you may get after trying this. Remember, you are doing this at your own risk and you’re the only one responsible for any troubles you may run into. We strongly recommend making a full backup of your current ROM just in case something goes wrong. So you still can restore back your ROM.
How to SIM unlock Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge
- Download Root_S7.zip from the download section below.
- Extract the files and you will get a folder Root_S7 with all the files inside.
- Now copy this folder to the root directory of your phone internal storage. Also, leave a copy of these files on your PC.
Optional Step: Download Package Disabler from Play Store and open the app. Use it to disable the following: Anything that says KNOX, all that says DM and SecurityLogAgent.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options > and enable ‘USB Debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’. If you can’t find developer options, go to Settings > About Device > tap 7 times ‘Build Number’.
- Turn off the phone and boot it into download mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button. When prompted press Volume Up to enter “Download Mode”.
- Make sure you have the proper USB drivers installed on your computer and then connect your phone to PC using an original USB cable.
- Download SM-G930x_Engineering_BOOT.tar.md5 or SM-G935x_Engineering_BOOT.tar.md5 choose the correct file depending on your phone Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge.
- Run ODIN as administrator and click on the AP tab. Select the file you downloaded with the .tar.md5 extension and then click START
- It will flash the file. Wait for it to finish.
- Don’t unplug your phone from PC. Keep it connected and as soon as the system detect the device double click on “Root_S7.bat”. You fill find the file inside Root_S7 folder you have already downloaded. It may take some tries due to the phone bootlooping. But it will succeed and the SuperSU will be installed.
- Now open SuperSU and under Settings > Access > change it from ‘Prompt’ to ‘Grant’. Save it and the phone should reboot once.
- If SuperSu prompts to update su binary, it is needed to run Root_S7.bat again and also make sure you have copied Root_S7 folder with the same name. Never use SuperSU from Play Store but instead use the one included in the zip file.
- Now it is rooted and you can proceed with the unlocking procedure.
Here’s how to SIM unlock Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge
To do this you can use:
- idoneapps, they have a good service.
- Unlockbase Cable – It is confirmed that it works up to bootloader 3 on Galaxy S7. They have also a refund policy.
- Sammobile – It should work on bootloader 4 with root, great refund policy.