TWRP Custom Recovery made its own way into the latest flagship device of Samsung. If you have already bought a Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge it’s time to start customizing it by installing a Custom Recovery. Every Android phone has a Recovery installed by default but comparing with a custom one such as TWRP the default Recovery is a “shit”. It has less options.
TWRP Recovery is probably the best you can find and the latest build of it include many features. It comes with USB Mas Storage support, USB OTG, ADB, MTP support, SELinux support and much more. The build of TWRP you are going to find here supports as well Marshmallow firmware so it means you don’t have time to lose but instead go install it right away on your phone.
The main reason we use Custom Recoveries is that it allows you to flash things, such as MODs, ROMs and other zip files that can make changes to your system. Also all the Custom Recoveries has the option to make a Nandroid backup which it the best backup for your phone. It’s very easy to backup and restore a Nandroid backup. So don’t lose time and go ahead to install TWRP on your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge.
- Please note that the version of the TWRP Recovery you are going to find here works only on the SM-G930F variant of Galaxy S7 with Exynos 8890 chipset, on SM-G935F/FD/X and in the Canadian SM-G935W8 Exynos S7 Edge.
- Download and install the proper Samsung USB drivers on your PC (link below)
- Charge your phone up to 70% so it won’t goes dead during the installation process.
- Download ODIN flash tool (link below).
- USB Drivers
- Odin Flash tool
- TWRP for Galaxy S7 | twrp-184.108.40.206_heroqtle.tar.md5
- TWRP for Galaxy S7 Edge | twrp-3.0.0-1-hero2lte.tar.md5
Here’s how to install TWRP Custom Recovery on Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Marshmallow Firmware
- Download and install USB drivers on your PC otherwise you won’t be able to install TWRP on Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge.
- Download Odin Flash tool.
- Download TWRP Recover for Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge and put it somewhere on your PC.
- Open Odin and then turrn off your phone and boot it into Download Mode or as we usually say Odin Mode.
- Connect your phone to PC using a USB cable.
- Make sure your phone is properly connected to PC.
- On ODIN click on AP / PDA tab and select the recovery file.
- Click install and wait for it being installed.
In just a few moments TWRP Recovery will be installed on Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge. The phone will reboot that means the process has finished. TWRP Recovery is successfully installed. To boot into recovery you should turn off the phone and press the proper key combination (Volume Up + Home + Power Button) to boot into Recovery.