Mobile industry Giant Nokia made a strong comeback in 2017 by launching three smartphones that are powered by Android. Among the three models released, Nokia 6 is the outstanding model with best features. It has a 5.5-inch display screen, an aluminum body that makes it the best phone in its price range.
To enjoy all the features that the mobile offers, it is important to root the device first. This guide will help you to root Nokia 6 and install the TWRP Recovery. TWRP is providing an attractive design and beautiful user interface. Just remember that this is an unofficial root process and is compatible with only Nokia 6.
- Phone must have at least 70% of battery
- Back up all the important files so you will not lose them.
- You must install adb and fastboot on your PC. You can do it by following the steps in this guide.
- Enable the USB debugging method by following the below steps.
Go to settings>about phone>tap on build number for seven times, the phone enters into developer mode. Now open developer options and enable USB debugging.
These are the files that must be downloaded in order to root the device.
How to unlock Nokia 6 bootloader
To unlock the bootloader on Nokia 6 follow the steps below:
- Connect your device to your PC with the original USB cable.
- Go to the adb and fastboot folder and open a command prompt window there. Hold the shift key and right-click on a blank space. Open a command window and type the following code:
adb reboot fastboot
- Once the phone boots into fastboot mode run the following command:
fastboot oem unlock-go
- The device will reboot automatically and the device’s bootloader will be unlocked.
How to install TWRP recovery on Nokia 6
- Connect the phone to PC via a USB Cable.
- Open a command prompt in the adb folder
- Type the following code:
adb reboot bootloader
- Copy the TWRP file that you have downloaded using the link given in the prerequisite section to the folder where SDK and ADB files are located. Rename the file as twrp. img and enter the below command.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Then run the below command
How to root Nokia 6
To root Nokia 6 follow the steps below carefully:
- Transfer the SuperSU file that you have downloaded using the link present in the prerequisite section into the internal memory.
- Boot the device into the recovery mode
- Tap on install and you will be directed to a set of files and select SuperSU.zip file. Swipe it to flash the device.
- The flashing process would take few seconds to complete.
Now you have rooted the Nokia and installed the TWRP recovery on it. You can customize your device completely.
Few benefits of TWRP recovery
- TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project which is an open source.
- By flashing the TWRP into your device, you can install any custom firmware.
- You can customize your device to the full extent and can do quick root and unroot processes.
- It allows you to backup the complete data and recovers it whenever it is necessary.
- It can be used to remove the bloatware and wipe the cache data.
These are the benefits of flashing TWRP recovery on your device.