HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle was launched in September 2016 with Android 6.0 Marshmallow in it. It has 5.5 inches display with a screen resolution of 720×1280 pixels. The screen was given Corning Gorilla Glass Protection. It was powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor and was packed with 32GB internal memory and 3GBRAM in it.
The internal memory can be expanded up to 256GB via micro SD card. The phone came with a 13MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera. It is backed up by 2700 mAh battery. It supports dual sim with 4G connectivity. The company offered all these specifications at an affordable price making this phone irresistible to the budget phone users.
As the phone became popular, people found new techniques to unlock the bootloader and root the HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle. The rooting of the phone gives access to the features that weren’t present in the phone and gives the users many options to customize the phone.
Here is the procedure for unlocking the bootloader, rooting and installing TWRP on HTC desire 10 Lifestyle.
Fundamentals that must be remembered
- The phone should be charged at least 60%. Don’t start the procedure without 60% charging.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- The OEM unlocking must be enabled on the phone by opening settings>about phone>click on build option seven times until it enables “Developer Mode”
- Now go to ‘Developer Options’ and enable ‘OEM Unlock’
How to unlock bootloader on HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle
- The first and foremost thing that you have to do is creating an account on HTC developer site. This is the link HTC developer site. Create an account and choose HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle from the list of various devices.
- Then click on Begin Unlock Bootloader.
- A prompt asking for your consent will appear on the screen, tap on yes and proceed further.
- Connect HTC device to the PC and open the CMD window where the ADB and Fastboot are installed.
- Turn off the smartphone and press power and volume down button at same time. Now you have entered the fastboot mode on your phone.
- In fastboot mode, volume keys are used for navigation. Using them select the Bootloader option and press the power button to enter into bootloader mode.
- Once the device enter bootloader mode the following command must be entered in CMD window
- Go to adb and fastboot folder and hold shift and then right click on a blank space. Open a Command Prompt Window and type the following code:
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
- Now the unlock code of your device will be displayed in the command window.
- Copy the alphanumeric code present on the screen and paste it in My Device Identifier Token: the window of HTC Dev site. Submit the code and the unlocking code will be sent to the registered email ID.
- Once you receive the unlocking code, the following code must be entered at the command prompt below.
fastboot flash unlocktocken unlock_code.bin.
- Another prompt will appear asking your consent and click on Yes. Now the bootloader has been unlocked on your device.
Procedure to Install TWRP recovery on HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle
- Connect your phone to PC via USB cable and open the command prompt window.
- Type the below command and reboot the device into bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Download the TWRP file from the mentioned link above and rename it as TWRP.img and enter the following command in it.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After the flashing process gets completed the TWRP recovery will be installed on your device.
How to root HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle
- Boot into the TWRP mode that has been installed using the above steps.Press and hold the volume down and power button for some seconds.
- Now the device has been booted into recovery mode and TWRP will be opened,
- Download the SuperSU and Magsik files from the above links in your PC and transfer it to your device.
- Install the zip files in the TWRP recovery mode.
- To install the zip files, select them and swipe them so that they will be flashed and SuperSU and Magsik are installed.