Do you want to update your Galaxy Mega to Android 5.1 Lollipop? Probably yes, that’s why you are here. Let me say that unfortunately Galaxy Mega will not receive any official update from Samsung. So the only way to enjoy Android 5.1.1 is to install a Custom ROM.
We have discussed earlier how to install CyanogenMod 12.1 on Galaxy Mega. It’s the most popular Custom ROM that bring the latest features to your device. But this time we will talk about Resurrection Remix which is also updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
A version of Resurrection Remix ROM is released for Galaxy Mega so you can enjoy Lollipop features without the help of Samsung. Resurrection Remix is one of my favorite ROMs because as the name says it’s a ROM based on the other popular ROMs. The Resurrection team have taken the best features of the most popular ROMs and bring them to a single ROM.
If you want to install Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Galaxy Mega we have made a step by step guide so you can easily install the ROM. Make sure to make all the preparations before continue with the installation.
We shall not held any responsible for any trouble with your phone. This method involves in rooting the phone that means you will lose your warranty. You also will need to flash files. If you are not sure about this ROM you should do some researches and then come back to proceed with the installation. Remember always perform at your own risk.
Getting Things Ready
- The Resurrection Remix you will find here will work only on Samsung Galaxy Mega I9152. Don’t try installing it on other devices because it will result in bricking it. To check your phone model number go to Settings > About Phone and check the Model Number.
- Remember to backup all your important data and files. You can use third-party apps or simply make a Nandroid backup using Recovery.
- To install Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 on Galaxy Mega you will need root access and a Custom Recovery installed.
- Make sure to charge your phone at least 70% to make sure it will not go dead during the ROM installation otherwise it will result in soft bricked device.
How To Install Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Mega
- Download Resurrection Remix zip file and move in the phone internal memory.
- Do the same thing with Google apps.
- Turn of your phone and boot into Recovery by pressing Home + Volume Up + Power Button.
- In Recovery Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Go back to main menu and select install.
- Choose Resurrection Remix zip file and press OK.
- Wait for it to be installed and then proceed with Android 5.1 Gapps.
- Reboot your phone.
The first boot may last more than usually. Sometimes it can go up more than 10 minutes. Just sit back and relax. Once your Galaxy Mega is turned on it will be running Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
If you have any other question feel free to ask in the comment section below. It will be our pleasure to help our readers.