Update Galaxy Note 5 SM-920C To Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is getting an update of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Firstly the update is available only for Galaxy Note 5 SM-920C variant in Cambodia. This is a good news for all the users worldwide because they are going to enjoy Android Marshmallow soon. But if you are from Cambodia you can install Touchwiz Marshmallow 6.0.1 right away on your Galaxy Note 5.
Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 comes with the build number N920CXXU2BPB6 and it can be installed through Odin flashtool. This is the easiest and safest way to install the firmware but you can install it either using Samsung Smart Switch, a program designed to capture OTA (over the air) updates and download and install them.
In this article we have covered only one way, using Odin because we think it’s the best way to install an official firmware on Samsung devices. Below you are going to find all the necessary files to update Galaxy Note 5 to Android 6.0.1 Touchwiz Marshmallow.
- Ensure your phone variant is SM-920C. Go to Settings > About Phone to check your phone variant.
- Make a backup before otherwise you will lose all your important data.
- Charge your phone up to 60% so it won’t shut down unexpectedly during the updating process.
Guide to update Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-920C to official Android 6.0.1 Touchwiz Marshmallow
- Turn off your phone and boot it into Download Mode. To do so press Volume Down + Power Button + Home in the same time.
- Once your phone boots into Download Mode connect to PC using the original USB cable.
- Open Odin and check the ID:COM box. If it’s blue it means that your phone is connected. If not you have to check the USB cable you are using or maybe you have not installed properly the USB Drivers.
- Make sure your phone is connected and Odin recognises it then click on AP Tab and select the firmware you downloaded from above link.
- Click on Start and wait for the process to finish. It may take few minutes so be patient and wait for it to finish.
- Reboot your phone and you are done.
You have sucesfully installed Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-920C. Once the phone is turned on it will be running the new firmware.
There is also another way to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Note 5 SM-920C. This is the old way and you have to follow few more steps. If you are not sure what you are doing than better do not follow these steps, instead just wait for a couple of more days and the update will be available as a OTA so you don’t have to do anything. If you can’t wait follow the steps below but first make sure you have tried to flash the firmware from above guide.
- Root your phone and install you favourite File Explorer which supports root access. My favourite is ES File Explorer.
- Open the File Explorer and go to /efs/imei/mps_code.dat. Open it with a file editor and replace file content to CAM.
- Now go to /system/csc/CAM/system/csc and copy all files to /system/csc.
- Download Stock ROM for SM920C and flash it via Odin.
- Reboot into Recovery and wipe everything.
- Check for update and you are done.
You have successfully installed Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-920C. If you have any other question feel free to ask in the comment section below.