A n unofficial build of CyanogenMod 12.1 based on Lollipop 5.1 is ready to install on Samsung Galaxy S4 Snapdragon GT-I9505 variant. While for the Exynos variant there is no words. It looks like the developers prefer more the Snapdragon variant rather the Exynos.
Or maybe this happens due to the fact that Samsung hasn’t released the source code for the Exynos so the developers do not like to mess up with it. This is an unofficial build and it comes thanks to developers named as AntaresOne and Alucard 24. Since the ROM is in the early stage we can’t say if it is stable enough to be used as a daily driver even though latest tests have shown any serious bugs that can annoy you.
Android 5.1 brings many optimisations to those bugs found on Android 5.0 Lollipop. The most important is the fixes for memory leak issue found on 5.0 Lollipop. So if you want to enjoy the optimozations and features of Android 5.1 Lollipop you would better try the CyanogenMod 12.1 on your Galaxy S4 Sndragon variant.
Note: Remember this guide will void your warranty. Here at DoryLabs no one is responsible for bricked devices or any other problem you may expierence with your device. We only provide the guide but only you can decide to go further or not. So if you want to install CyanogenMod 12.1 on Galaxy S4 do it at your own risk.
- Your Galaxy S4 must be rooted.
- Install a Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP.
- You need at least 350 MB free on your phone.
- This CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1 Lollipop you are going to find below is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Snapdragon variants.
- Always make a backup before before performing actions like this. In case anything goes wrong you still can have your data and restore them immediately. I recommend to do a Nandroid backup because it will make a full copy of your system.
- Charge your phone at least 70% so it will not shut down during the ROM installation.
How To Install CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM On Samsung Galaxy S4
- Download both the ROM and Gapps on your phone internal memory.
- Turn of your Galaxy S4.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Wipe Data and Factory Reset.
- Install the ROM zip file.
- Install Gapps.
- Reboot and Enjoy!
The first boot may take a while. Wait for your device to successfully reboot and enjoy the latest build of CyanogenMod 12.1 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop on your Galaxy S4.