SlimKat is “the perfect” ROM. Besides the smooth performance and plenty of options, it has also a beautiful user interface. It is designed for people who like the complete dark themes. Are you a fan of skinny dark and fancy themes?
Then the SlimKat ROM is for you. It’s the best ROM you can ever choose that offers both performance and nice look. So many people like it. I did once I saw for the first time and decided to try. Besides the dark theme, it has so many features that are specific to this ROM such as the ability to use custom shortcuts everywhere, the keyboard controls are spread throughout the system. It has a nice camera app with TrueView and Smart Capture that can capture amazing photos anywhere.
SlimKat is the best custom ROM available for One Plus One until now. One Plus One is considered as the flagship killer because it has good specs and software is also improved and the device has some good features. With this custom ROM installed One Plus One is no doubt the best device you want to have in your hand. This post is made to learn you to install SlimKat ROM to One Plus One. Since it is a custom ROM you must have a custom recovery installed on your phone and also the device must be rooted.
Note: This guide and this Custom ROM is available only for One Plus One.
Flashing the ROM to other devices can cause phone bricking so don’t try this on other devices.
Check your battery status. It must be over 60% so your phone will not shut down during the flashing process. If it goes dead during the process can cause software bricking and you have to install stock ROMs and wipe the data as well.
Flash a custom recovery. It works both on TWRP and CWM. To learn how to flash the ROM in TWRP or CWP check below. Both guides are included in this post.
Download Android 4.4.4 SlimKat ROM from the official XDA thread.
Download Google Apps (Gapps)
How to install
- Connect your One Plus One device to PC
- Copy and Paste the downloaded zip file to the root folder of the SDcard
- Boot your phone into Recovery Mode. How to?
- Connect your device with PC.
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder
- Now type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader.
Guide For CWM & PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Backup your ROM using the Recovery
- To do a backup go to Back-up and Restore on Next screen. Choose backup again.
- After backup is complete go back to the main screen
- Navigate to Advance and choose Devlik Wipe Cache, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to Install zip from SDcard, and another window will open.
- Select Wipe Data and Factory Reset
- Select Choose zip from SDcard from the Options Menu
- Select the SlimKat.zip file you downloaded and confirm the installation
- Then Select Gapps.zip and flash it
- Once the installation is complete, go back.
- Reboot the System
Guide For TWRP Users.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the SimKat.zip,Gapps.zip Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.