SlimKat is “the perfect” ROM. Besides the smooth performance and plenty of options, it has also a beautiful user interface. It is designed for people who like the complete dark themes.
Are you a fan of skinny dark and fancy themes?
If yes then the SlimKat ROM is for you. It’s the best ROM you can ever choose that offers both performance and a nice look. So many people like it. I did once I saw for the first time and decided to try it. Besides the dark theme, it has so many features that are specific to this ROM such as the ability to use custom shortcuts everywhere, the keyboard controls are spread throughout the system. It has a nice camera app with TrueView and Smart Capture that can capture amazing photos anywhere.
SlimKat is the best custom ROM available for One Plus One until now. It is a custom ROM so you will need to have root access and also a custom recovery installed on your phone.
The SlimKat ROM you’re going to find below works only on OnePlus One. Do not try it on other Android devices otherwise, you may end up in a bricked device and you don’t want to mess up with that later.
Table of Contents
- Make sure the battery is charged more than %60 so it will make sure the phone will not shut down unexpectedly during the flashing process. If it does, the phone may end up soft bricked and you wil need to install a stock firmware to unbrick it.
- If you haven’t already done you should root your phone and install a custom recovery. It’s recommended to use the latest version of TWRP but other recoveries will work quite well also.
How to install
- Connect your OnePlus One device to PC
- Copy and paste the downloaded zip file to the root folder of the SDcard
- Boot your phone into Recovery Mode. How to?
- Connect your device to PC.
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder
- Now type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader.
Guide For CWM & PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Backup your ROM using the Recovery
- To do a backup go to Back-up and Restore on Next screen. Choose backup again.
- After backup is complete go back to the main screen
- Navigate to Advance and choose Devlik Wipe Cache, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to Install zip from SDcard, and another window will open.
- Select Wipe Data and Factory Reset
- Select Choose zip from SDcard from the Options Menu
- Select the SlimKat.zip file you downloaded and confirm the installation
- Then Select Gapps.zip and flash it
- Once the installation is complete, go back.
- Reboot the System
Guide For TWRP Users.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the SimKat.zip,Gapps.zip Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.