Today’s article is going to show you how to install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Elephone P8000. You will find the links to download all the necessary files like the CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM and Google Apps for Lollipop. But before starting with the installation process I’m gonna write few words about CM 12.1, what is it and what it offers to you?
CyanogenMod is a Custom ROM created by the amazing developers. It is designed to bring the latest features right away on your phone and increase performance and reliability over the stock Android for your device. It’s probably the best solution if you wanna make your device cool. CyanogenMod is a free community where developers give their contribution to develop the ROM.
CyanogenMod 12.1 for Elephone P8000 is not an official build but according to the developer it is tested in various devices and it works fine. The ROM is stable enough to be used as daily driver. So if you wanna gift your phone the best you can do is to install CM 12.1 on Elephone P8000. Below you will find a step by step guide how to download and install CyanogenMod 12.1 and update your Elephone P8000 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. So without further ado let’s jump into the procedure.
If you do changes to your system your warranty will be voided and you will no longer get free service for your phone. Here at DoryLabs no one shall held any kind of responsibility if you experience any trouble with your device. Remember you are choosing to make changes by yourself so if anything goes wrong it’s only your responsibility. If you really don’t know what you are doing then I recommend you to do some research about it before flashing CM 12.1 on your Elephone P8000
- Firstly make sure you have the latest build of a custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM installed on your device. It will be needed to flash both the ROM and Gapps.
- Make a backup of your current ROM before installing the new one. We recommend you to do a Nandroid Backup because it will will create a full copy of your firmware including personal files, system data, settings and everything else. If anything goes wrong and you can’t install the ROM you can easily restore the backup.
- Charge your phone at least 60% so you will make sure it won’t shut down unexpectedly during the ROM installation.
How to install CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Elephone P8000
- Download the ROM and Gapps from the links above and move them on your phone internal storage.
- Turn off your phone and using the proper key combination boot into recovery.
- Navigate to the install section and select the ROM zip file you have downloaded.
- Wait for the ROM being flashed.
- Go back to recovery main menu and flash the gapps.
- Wait for them being flashed and reboot your phone.
- That’s all. Enjoy!
You have successfully installed CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Elephone P8000. If you have any further question feel free to ask in the comment section below. We will be glad to assist your further for everything you need.