Galaxy S4 Mini has received a port of CyanogenMod 13.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. In today’s article we are going to learn how to install CM 13.0 on Galaxy S4 Mini 3G/LTE variant. We also have provided the link where you can download this ROM.
If you don’t already know, CyanogenMod is a Custom ROM for Android devices, probably the most famous and popular around the Android community. It is designed to increase performance and reliability over the stock Android.
Installing a Custom ROM is the best way to enjoy the latest Android updates in the phones that probably won’t get an update from the manufacture. We have seen even old phones from 2010 that are gifted with a port of Android Marshmallow.
Before continuing with the installation procedure you should remember that this is not an official port so bugs and small problems may be found but they will be fixed by the time in the next updates.
Below is a step by step guide how you can download and install CyanogenMod 13.0 on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. Always make sure to read carefully the early preparations and then follow all steps one by one.
Table of Contents
Here at DoryLabs no one shall held any kind of responsibility for any possible damage of your phone. We only provide the necessary thing to customize your device but it depends totally on you if you want to go further or not. We will do our best to help you with any possible issue you may experience. But if you want to install CM 13.0 Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy S4 proceed at your own risk.
Getting things prepared
- Create a full backup of your current ROM just to be safe in case that things go wrong you can easily revert back to your current ROM.
- Your device must be rooted and you will need to install a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% so you will be sure it won’t shut down unexpectedly. In case it goes dead during the procedure might result in soft bricking and you don’t want to handle with it.
- CyanogenMod 13.0 for GT-I9190. Click here.
- CyanogenMod 13.0 for GT-I9195. Click here.
- Android 6.0 Google Apps (Gapps). Click here.
Installing CM 13.0 based on Android 6.0 is easy. If you have ever installed a Custom ROM using Recovery then download the proper files and flash them. If you don’t know how to do that below are the steps to install CM 13.0 on Galaxy S4 Mini.
How to install
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Backup your current ROM.
- Go back to the main menu of the Recovery.
- Navigate to the install section and flash the ROM zip file.
- Do the same thing for
If you have any other question feel free to ask in the comment section below and it will be our pleasure to help you.
Optional: Easy Backup & Restore your current apps
- Install Easy Backup & Restore from Play Store and open it and to backup your stuff.
- After you install the new ROM go again to Play Store and reinstall Easy Backup & Restore. Open it and restore all your apps, call log, SMS.