Just a couple of days ago Samsung released the beta firmware based on Android Nougat. It is the latest version, and it aims to bring a plethora of features and optimizations. It also comes with a redesigned user interface named GraceUX.
You can install the firmware using ODIN, even though the official firmware is expected to roll out time later. Nougat is optimized to increase phone performance, it comes with better RAM management and with all the other features that are found only Nougat version of Android.
But if you’re a geek, go a step further and install the firmware using ODIN. After you update your Galaxy S7 to Android Nougat it’s time to install a custom recovery and in this post, we are going to show you how to do that.
A custom recovery, especially TWRP allows you to make deeper customizations to your phone. So you can flash a custom ROM, kernel, mod and much more. If you are ready to do it, go ahead and learn how to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy S7 SM-G930F.
Here at DoryLabs, no one shall hold any kind of responsibility for any troubles you may run with your phone. Remember you are doing this at your own risk. If you are not sure what the information in this article is about, then make some researches and come back to learn how to install TWRP on Galaxy S7.
- TWRP image for Galaxy S7 (Download)
How to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F official TouchWiz Nougat
- Download from the link above TWRP image for Galaxy S7. You should get a file with the extension img.tar. If the file you download doesn’t have this extension then extract it.
- Download and launch ODIN flash tool.
- Click on the ‘AP’ tab and select the TWRP image file you downloaded from the link above. Make sure it ends with img.tar.
- Turn off your phone and boot it into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power Button.
- Connect your phone to computer via an USB cable. Check the ID:COM, if ODIN recognizes the phone, the box will turn blue.
- Click Start and just wait. ODIN will flash the file and this will take some time.
When ODIN finishes installing the file, the phone will automatically reboot nad turn on normally. If you want to boot into recovery you have to do it manually. Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons.
That’s all! You have successfully installed TWRP Custom Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S7 running official TouchWiz Nougat Firmware. Feel free to write in the comments below if you have any question or recommendation.