If you are a Galaxy S6 owner you should be happy to know that Lineage OS 14.1 based on Android Nougat is available for your device. LineageOS is the most popular custom ROM and it is being updated constantly to be more stable and bring the latest features to its users.
Compared to other ROMs, Lineage OS is quite unique with a plethora of features and options you can’t find on other ROMs. LineageOS 14.1 was released back in January but it’s official build just made its way into Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge. In this post, we will walk through all the preparations and the necessary steps you need to install LineageOS 14.1 Android Nougat to Galaxy S6.
If you have not installed a Custom ROM before, it’s recommended to make a research to know more about the process, its pros and cons and if you make up your mind come back here to install Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy S6. If you already know what is a Custom ROM and you’re ready to install it, then don’t wait anymore and start reading below.
By installing a custom ROM your warranty will be voided. Also, if you don’t know what you’re doing we recommend you to learn what this process is all about. Make sure to follow everything carefully and if anything goes wrong don’t put the finger on anyone. Remember, you’re doing this at your own risk.
- Make sure to backup all your important files such as photos, videos, documents and other personal files.
- Charge your phone up to 70% so it will not shut down unexpectedly during the procedure.
- Install a Custom Recovery. We recommend installing the latest build of TWRP since it’s more stable. If you haven’t installed any, here is how to do it.
- Galaxy S6 Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat | Download here
How to install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat on Galaxy S6
- Turn off the phone and boot it into recovery mode using the proper key combination
- In the Recovery, menu tap on Wipe > Advanced Wipe
- Wipe Dalvik/Cache/Data and Factory Reset
- Go back the Recovery main menu and tap on Install and select the ROM zip file you downloaded from the link above. Swipe to confirm and wait for the recovery to flash it.
- You may want to flash Android Nougat Gapps as well the same way you used to flash the ROM. Make a simple Google search and find your favourite package of Nougat Gapps.
- Reboot the device and wait for it.
The first boot may take a while for the system to prepare the ROM for first-time use. Take a seat and wait for your phone to turn on and you will successfully have the Lineage OS 14.1 Android Nougat installed on your device.