Have you ever played the PAC Man game? Probably Yes. Would you like the idea to have a ROM completely based on PAC game? Nexus 9 user now can install the PAC ROM on their devices. The beauty of this ROM is that it not only has a beautiful PAC Man user interface but it also is based on Lollipop so it brings Material Design on your Nexus 9.
The PAC ROM is unique on its own due to the fact that it has cool tweaks and options that you will never find on any other ROM. It also has plethora of features from other ROMs that will make PAC ROM probably the most featured ROM until now. Another great thing of this ROM is the theme it brings. It includes a user-interface that is different from stock Android UI of Nexus 9 and other based AOSP ROMs.
The developers team say that this ROM is still in beta stage and if you find any bug or something that is not working let us now. Lot of people have tried this ROM and for now no major bugs are indeed. So it can be consider a good choice to use as daily driver. If you want to know more about this ROM below you are going to find the best features of PAC Man ROM for Nexus 9.
Here is a short list with some of the feature that PAC ROM 5.0 lollipop brings to your Nexus 9.
- AOKP Weather
- Battery Bar
- Floating Window
- Advanced Keyboard Options
- CM Themes
- List View and Tost Animation Customisation
- Lockscrenn Notifications
- PAC Performance
- Privacy Guard
- RAM Bar
- Wakrlock Blockers
- Slim Heads Up
- Volume Step Customisation
Note: This guide will void your warranty so if you are not sure what you are doing, don’t try this. We are not responsible if you brick your phone. We only provide the guide but you must do it at your own risk.
- This ROM is only for Google Nexus 9 device. Don’t flash it on other devices because you will end up in bricking your phone.
- Make sure your tablet is charged up to 60% so your phone will not go dead during flashing procedure. If it goes dead will result in soft bricking and it need a lot of work to revert back to stock.
- Always do a backup before doing changes to your device. In case anything goes wrong you still can access your files and restore them immediately. You can download third party apps or make a Nandroid backup.
See also: How To Fix Nexus 9 Dropping WiFi Issues
- Root access. Make sure your Google Nexus 9 is rooted.
- Custom Recovery. If you haven’t rooted your phone yet and haven’t installed a Custom Recovery, you can’t flash any ROM.
How to install PAC Man ROM 5.0 Lollipop on Nexus 9
- Download the files from above links and move to the root folder of your SDcard.
- Turn of your Nexus device.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Wipe Data/ Factory Reset.
- Flash the ROM zip file.
- Flash Gapps.
The first boot might take more time than usually but this is normally. Sit back and wait for the phone to turn on. Once it’s turned on it will be running PAC Man 5.0 Lollipop ROM.