In this post, I’m going to share with you something really cool. If you want to get a feeling of the brand new flagship device of Samsung you may want to download and install Galaxy S8 theme and icon pack.
Ever since the Galaxy S8 System Dump has been released you can download and install almost all its applications on your old Samsung phone. Some of the apps require root access and if you don’t have rooted your phone yet you can go to our root section and find a guide how to root your phone.
In case you don’t want to do it but still, you like to get a glimpse of Galaxy S8 then you can grab its theme and icon pack and install it right away on your phone. It doesn’t require root access and can be installed as a simple apk file.
There are also some other Galaxy S8 apps you can install besides the theme and icon pack. Just in case you want to get more, here are what you can install right now on your phone.
Galaxy S8 theme and icon pack will work only on other Samsung devices that run a TouchWiz firmware based on Android Marshmallow or Nougat and you don’t need to have root access at all.
Pretty simple, right!
The theme you are going to find below will give you the closest experience of Galaxy S8 you can ever get. Here’s what’s included in the files you can download below:
- Galaxy S8 Home and Lock Screen wallpapers
- Galaxy S8 app icons
- Power menu icons
- Rounded corners
- Charging animations
How to install Galaxy S8 Icon Pack and Theme on other Android devices without Root access
- Download “envGalaxy_S8_Theme_noframe.apk” from the link above and put it on your phone internal storage.
- Go to Settings > Security and enable “Unknown Sources”. It will allow you to install apk files from other sources than Play Store.
- Tap on the apk file you downloaded to install it.
- When the apk file is installed, go to the home screen of your phone.
- Tap and hold on an empty space and go to “Wallpapers and themes”.
- Go to themes and enable the Galaxy S8 theme. It should be the second if you haven’t installed any other theme before.
Basically, this is all you have to do to install Galaxy S8 theme and icon pack on other Galaxy devices such as Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, Galaxy Note 5, Note 7 and on every other that is running a TouchWiz Android Marshmallow or Nougat firmware.
This is a trial so you can experience the feeling of the Galaxy S8 but if you want to learn more how to keep it forever go to the original thread by clicking here.