Android Oreo Beta version has been released to OnePlus 5 globally at the end of the last year. This is the second beta Oreo version. As most of the users reported issues with the first version, OnePlus has released this second version to fix all the bugs and problems that have been aroused in the first beta version.
OnePlus is not leaving any stone unturned when it comes to the software and hardware updates. They are trying hard to make their mark in the mobile phone industry with different kind of features and updates.
Recently a new bezel-less smartphone OnePlus 5T has been released into the market. This phone attracted many people with its cool features and affordable cost. They are making a strong impact on the market with their up-to-date software updates.
Because of these updates, they have got more attention in the market.
Here is the list of complete changelog of second beta Android Oreo update for OnePlus 5
- New camera UI design
- Photo quality optimization
- Additional beauty effect for portrait mode.
- Shelf Optimization
- Users can upload their photos through Shot on One Plus
- Added history feature.
- Added alarm calendar feature.
- Added Parallel Apps feature.
- Improvements in reading mode.
- New Adaptive model screen calibration
- Wi-Fi Optimization
- Battery saver optimization
- Quick settings new design.
- Updated Android Security Patch.
- Improvement of speed while deleting more number of files.
- Added places tab feature
These are some of the changes and bug fixes that have been done in the second beta version of Android OS.
Here is the quick update guide for OxygenOS 8.0 Oreo Beta 2
The important point to be noted is, as the update is beta version it may not be suitable for daily usage.
Download Oxygen OS Open Beta 2.
There are two methods to update One Plus 5 to Oreo beta update. They are
- Local Update
- Update through TWRP recovery.
- Before getting the update, backup the complete data present on your device.
- Download the full ROM zip file. It clocks in at around 1.6 GB.
- Connect OnePlus 5 to the computer using the USB cable.
- Full ROM package must be copied to the root (outside of all the folders) of the internal storage.
- Disconnect the phone.
- Now on OnePlus 5, open settings.
- In the settings open system updates.
- A gear style icon will be visible on the top of the screen.
- Click on the local upgrade option
- The phone will fetch the ROM package automatically.
- Finally, click on the upgrade now button to upgrade OnePlus 5 to its Oreo 8.0.
The device will be booted itself into the stock recovery mode and the update will be installed. Once the phone reboots, you can enjoy the new features of latest Android Oreo.
TWRP Recovery Method
- Download the complete ROM package from the link given above.
- Connect the device to the computer and move the zip file to the root folder.
- Disconnect the phone and boot it into TWRP recovery. To do this process, you have to press the volume down and power button together.
- Go to TWRP home screen and click on install.
- Locate the zip file in the internal storage and select it.
- Then swipe the button that is visible on the screen to install Oreo 8.0 open beta version.
- When the flashing process is completed, click on reboot system button.
The OnePlus device will be booted back into the new Oreo 8.0 beta version. Enjoy the latest features of Oreo on your OnePlus 5 with this update.