The Samsung Galaxy S9 TouchWiz launcher is available for everyone to download and install on their phones. Once the phone was released and the system dump was available to download, plenty of its apps were ported to other phones. The last one is the Samsung Galaxy S9 Launcher that is also known as the Samsung Experience Home. It is part of the Samsung Experience 9.0 built over Android Oreo.
The Galaxy S9 Home Launcher has been one of the most request apps besides the Galaxy S9 keyboard apk from Samsung lovers. Unlike the previous Samsung Galaxy phone launch, Samsung didn’t do any major significant changes to the UI. It is quite the same as the Galaxy S8 or Note 8 UI but improved with minor features.
If you want to try out the Galaxy S9 launcher before buying the phone or simply want to test a glimpse of the Samsung’s flagship phone of the year, you can go ahead and download it from the link below. There are two different methods to install the Galaxy S9 keyboard apk on other phones.
The Galaxy S9 TouchWiz Launcher APK works only on stock Android 8 Oreo TouchWiz firmware. If your phone is running on Android Nougat this launcher may work also but try it at your own risk. The S9 launcher won’t work on other ROMs besides the ones I mentioned above so save time to yourself and do not try it.
How to install Galaxy S9 TouchWiz Launcher APK & Zip
Make sure your phone is running on Android 8 Oreo. Go to Settings > About Phone to check it. Once you confirmed it, go ahead and install the Galaxy S9 Launcher APK on your Android device. To do this, there are two ways; flashing the zip file or installing an APK. Go through each method below and decide which one you should give a try.
Method #1 – Flash Zip
Flashing the zip file is the easiest way to install S9 Launcher on any Android device. You need a custom recovery to flash it. If you haven’t installed one you can check here to find a guide and install a custom recovery on your phone.
- Download Galaxy S9 TouchWiz Launcher.zip
- Move it to your phone internal storage.
- Turn off the phone and leave it for few seconds.
- Boot into Recovery Mode by pressing the right buttons.
- Once the phone boots into recovery, select ‘Install’ and then find the downloaded zip file.
- Confirm to flash the file and then reboot your phone.
If you don’t have a custom recovery or you don’t want to install one, you can try to install the Galaxy S9 Launcher APK itself
Method #2 – Install the APK file
- Download the Galaxy S9 TouchWizHome Launcher.apk
- Go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources and check the box next to it.
- Find the APK file you downloaded and tap on it to install.
- Once the APK file is installed, restart your phone.
Wait for the phone to turn on and set the S9 Launcher as default.
How to uninstall the Galaxy S9 from your phone
If you don’t like the Galaxy S9 TouchWiz Launcher or you are already tired playing with it and want to revert back to the stock launcher of your phone, here are the steps how to do that.
- Go to Settings > Applications
- Tap the three-dot menu icon on the top right corner of the screen and select “Show system apps”
- Scroll down until you find the “Samsung Experience Home” app and tap on it.
- Tap again on the three-dot menu icon on the top right corner and select “Uninstall updates”.
That’s all! You have successfully uninstalled the Galaxy S9 keyboard app from your phone.
If you have any other issue or question regarding everything on your Android device, feel free to let us know in the comments below.