After finishing the Android 5.0 build for the latest flagship devices, CyanogenMod 12 is released even more improved with Android 5.0.2 features and optimizations. This time this build is available for Samsung Galaxy S4 and you can install it right now on your phone. The whole ROM is stable enough so it can be used as a daily driver. Even though you can’t update the phone officially to the latest Android Version, you have the chance to install CyanogenMod 12 which is more improved than the official Android Lollipop.
For the moment only Samsung Galaxy S5 is enjoying the official Android Lollipop Update. Other devices are still waiting for it. Samsung has said that in the next month the official update will be available for a few latest devices. So for now you can only enjoy the features of Lollipop only through Custom ROMs. We have seen the previous version of CyanogenMod 12 based on 5.0 Lollipop being available for a lot of devices, which some of them are not supported from the manufacture anymore.
Luckily the Galaxy S4 has received CyanogenMod 12 build based on Android 5.0.2 which means that the ROM is improved more and without any bugs, at least until now. Lot of people who have tested this ROM and those who are using it as a daily driver hadn’t reported any problem. The developers also says that the ROM is pretty much stable and with all the features and improvements it has, it can be considered much better than the official Lollipop Update. So without further ado let’s go ahead and intstall the ROM on your Galaxy S4.
- This ROM is only for Galaxy S4 GT-I9505. Don’t try to install it in any other device or different version of Galaxy S4. To check you phone version go to Settings > About Phone > and check the model number. Don’t flash it on other versions because it will result on phone bricking.
- This method involves in flashing files so you need to root your phone and install a Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWP.
- Make sure to have charged the phone at least 70% so you will be sure that the phone will not go dead during the flashing process.
- Perform a backup just to be safe. If anything goes wrong you still can access your data and restore them immediately.
How to Install CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0.2 on Galaxy S4
- Turn off your phone.
- Turn it o again but this time in Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power button at the same time.
- Once you are on recovery wipe all data and cache
- Install the ROM
- Flash Gapps
- That’s all
The first boot might take up a few minutes, but it’s nothing to worry. Let the phone to do its own job. Once it turns on you will have CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0.2 installed on your Galaxy S4.