Unlocking bootloader and rooting a phone will give complete access to all the features of the phone. Here is the guide to unlock the bootloader and root Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro, the first AI phone released by Huawei. The devices were released back in 2017 and made a decent impression on the sales.
If you got one of the Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro and are planning to customize it to a full extent then go through the guide provided below.
- Bootloader unlocking will wipe out all the data present on your phone, so it is important to back up all the data beforehand.
- The mobile must be charged up to 50-60% at least.
- USB debugging and OEM Unlocking must be enabled through developer options.
- Properly download and configure adb and fastboot and your computer.
How to unlock bootloader on Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro
- Go to the Huawei’s official unlock page on your computer
- Log in to your Huawei’s account, if you don’t have one make sure to create it beforehand.
- Scroll down and check the “I have read terms and conditions” box and click on next.
- An unlock form will appear on the screen.
- Select the appropriate options and fill in the required details.
- Next click on commit button.
- Once all the details are confirmed by the company, unlock code will be displayed on the screen.
- Copy the code and save it. Don’t forget that the code is unique
- Connect your device to PC using the original USB cable.
- Go the folder where all ADB and fastboot tools are present.
- Hold the shift key and right click on the folder. Select open shell window or open command window here.
- Once you confirm that your device has been detected properly by entering the following code:
- If your device appears on the list you then you can go further. If not try to troubleshoot the problem. Maybe the USB cable not working or you may need to install the proper drivers on your computer.
- In the command window, enter the command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone has entered bootloader mode type the following code:
fastboot oem unlock <unlock_code>
- Here the unlock code must be replaced with the unique code that you have saved earlier.
- The phone’s bootloader will be unlocked.
- Now reboot your phone using “fastboot reboot”
- That’s it, the bootloader has been unlocked. Now you can root Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro
How to root Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro
- Connect your phone to the PC and reboot it into bootloader mode using the following command
adb reboot bootloader
- Download the tool developed by FunkyHuawei from this link
- Extract the tool on your PC and open the folder of the tool.
- Double click on the file to launch the root toolkit.
- A black colored window with five options will be displayed on the screen.
- Enter ‘1’ in the tool window and the process of rooting will be started here
- The data present on the phone will be completely wiped out.
Now your Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro has been rooted and you can customize the phone according to your requirements.