In this article, you will download Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM for Huawei Y6 and learn how to install it. Lineage OS is the successor of the quite famous CyanogenMod ROMs. Lineage OS 14.1 is based on stock Android 7.1 Nougat and it brings a plethora of features and optimizations.
This is not the official build of the ROM so small bugs can be found though the developers behind it are working and updating the ROM once they find something not working. The ROM is stable enough to be used as a daily driver so if you want to give it a try you can go ahead and follow the steps below how to do it.
Make sure to follow all the steps below carefully if you don’t want to run issues. This ROM is developed for Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 (msm8909) processor and it’s the first Android Nougat ROM ever released for Huawei Y6.
We are not responsible for troubles you may run after flashing the ROM. We recommend you do some research if you have any concern what a custom ROM is and what this is all about. If you are choosing to make these modifications and things go wrong do not put the finger on anyone. Remember you did it at your own risk.
- SCL-L01 VA
- SCL-L01 VB
- SCL-L02 VA
- SCL-L02 VB
- SCL-L03 VA
- SCL-L03 VB
- SCL-L04 VA
- SCL-U31 VA
Getting things prepared
- Make sure you have unlocked the bootloader. There are many guides how to do this. Just make a quick search.
- Install a custom recovery. It’s recommended to have the latest build of TWRP because it has a simple and effective user interface. If you haven’t installed one, here is a quick guide.
- Charge your phone at least 60% so it will not turn off during the ROM installation.
How to install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat on Huawei Y6
- Download the ROM from the link above and move it to your phone internal storage where you can easily find it.
- Download Gapps and move them also to the phone internal storage.
- Turn off your phone and boot into recovery using the proper key combination.
- We strongly recommend you do a Nandroid backup just in case you want to revert back to your current ROM later.
- Wipe data and factory reset.
- Go back to TWRP main menu and tap on the install section, select the ROM file you downloaded from the link above and flash it.
- Do the same thing with Google apps.
- Reboot the phone.
The first boot may take a while but don’t worry it’s quite normal because the phone needs to configure the software for first-time use. If you have any queries related to this topic feel free to ask in the comment section below. We would be happy to assist with everything you may need help on your device.