If you ever wanted to install Sony Apps on your Android device, you’re in the right place. In this post, we will share a mod with you called “Sony Apps Enabler”. Basically, what this mod does; it tricks Play Store into recognizing your Android device as a Sony device.
“Sony Apps Enabler” is a ported version of Sony’s devices framework files. By installing it the Play Store will recognize your devices as a Sony device. Therefore you will be able to install and update all the Sony’s apps directly from Play Store.
Besides the fact that you can install Sony’s apps on any Android device, you don’t need to worry if you change the ROM. A backup script is included in the zip. So it isn’t necessary to flash it everytime you update the ROM.
All Sony apps that are available on Play Store
- Xperia Keyboard
What you won’t get:
- Support for Sony device specific stock apps that are not on Playstore. This mod allows you to install only those apps that are “Independent”. For example, AR Effect requires Sony Camera app to work, that’s why AR Effect and other apps of this sort will not work.
We are not responsible for bricked devices, corrupted software, dead SDcards or if you get fired or break up with your girlfriends. If you don’t know what you’re doing, do some research before flashing the mod. Remember, you’re choosing to make modifications to your device at your own risk so do not put the finger on anyone if things go wrong and you end up with a soft bricked device.
- Ensure your device is rooted. If you haven’t rooted your device yet you can take a look at our Android root section and check if there is any guide to help you with that.
- Install a custom recovery. We recommend flashing the latest build of TWRP. If the latest build isn’t available for your phone, any other previous functional version will work perfectly. If you do not have one installed yet, you may want to do it now. Check our custom recoveries section and see if you can find something.
- Sony Apps Enabler_3.0.1
- Sony Apps Enabler_4.2 (alternate) – Flash this only if the version 3.0.1 doesn’t work.
- Sony AppsDisabler
How to install Sony Apps Enabler zip file
- Download “Sony Apps Enabler_3.0.1.zip” and move it to your phone internal storage where you can find it easily later.
- Turn off your device and boot into recovery by pressing and holding the right buttons.
- Go to the install section and select the “Sony Apps Enabler” zip file.
- Flash it and reboot your phone.
- Once your device turns on, go to Apps > Play Store and clear data and cache.
- That’s all.
- Now you can open Google Play Store and install Sony apps on other Android devices.
- Turn off your phone and boot into recovery.
- Flash “Sony Apps Disabler.zip”
- Reboot the phone.
- Clear Play Store data and cache.
If there is anything else we can help you with please ask in the comments below. We are happy to assist you with any issue you may be facing.
Also if you want to share something, any tip you may like do let us know as well in the comment section.