Have you been searching for a way to easily root Samsung Galaxy Star 2 Plus or Galaxy Star Advance. This guide and the files provided below should work for many peoples and they should work for you also.
Rooting a phone means you have full control over it. It allows you to do various things that you can’t do in a normal device such as modifying file system by yourself or installing mods. Root is a must for those who want more than a simple phone. If you are one of these users than go ahead and root Samsung Galaxy Star 2 Plus or Galaxy Star Advance. It will work for both devices.
Note: We at DoryLabs are not responsible for bricked device, dead SDcard or any other issue you may experience. This is a tested method and it has worked for many people but who knows things can happen. If you want to do this do at your own risk.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Star 2 Plus. Don’t try it on other devices because it might result in phone bricking.
- Always make a backup before doing such actions. We suggest to make a Nandroid backup because it will make a full copy of the image system, including personal files and app settings.
- Make sure to charge your phone at least to 60% so it will not turn of unexpectedly during the process.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers so your computer will recognise the phone.
- Odin3 flash tool. Download on your computer.
- CWM Custom Recovery. Download on your computer.
- SuperSu Update. Download on your phone.
How to root Galaxy Star 2 Plus
- Download Odin flash tool from link above and install it.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into Download Mode. Press volume Down + Menu + Power Button.
- Plug your phone to PC using the original USB cable.
- Run Odin.
- Untick “Auto Reboot” option in Odin.
- Click on PDA tab and select the Recovery file you downloaded. Make sure it is a tar.md5 file.
- Click Start and wait for it to finish.
- Disconnect your phone from PC.
- Boot into Recovery. Press Volume Up + Power Button + Menu.
- Flash the SuperSu Update.
- Restart your phone.
- Check SuperSU for update.