A new app is ported directly from Galaxy Note 4. I am talking about Camera app. I found it randomly on the XDA and decided to share it because the Note 4 camera is considered as the best camera app you can find around.
Samsung has done a good work with Note 4 Touchwiz and all the apps included on it. The app is not tested yet on many Android devices, but according to the developer who ported this app, it should work without any problem. I was able to install it on a Galaxy S4 and it was a great experience to use it.
Your old Android phone may not have the best camera sensor to make high quality photos, but at least you can improve the quality of the pictures or videos recorded with your old phone by installing a featured app, and the Galaxy Note 4 camera app is the best you can find around. You can chose whether to flash the zip file in Recovery or install the apk. I would recommend to flash the zip, because it has more chances to work.
Note: This app has worked for me but it doesn’t mean that it will work for you also. Since it’s not tested on plethora of devices we can’t be sure that it will work on all devices. If you want to try it on your phone do it at your own risk.
- Root access. You will need root access because either the zip file or the apk require a rooted phone.
- Install a Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM. It will be needed to flash the zip file.
- Galaxy Note 4 Camera App. Download here.
How To Install Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Camera App On Any Android Device.
- Download Galaxy Note 4 Camera app from the link above. It should be a zip file.
- Move it to the root folder of your phone.
- Turn of the phone.
- Boot into Recovery by pressing Home + Volume Up + Power Button.
- Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache.
- Install the zip file you have downloaded.
- Reboot your phone.
If you have rooted your phone but you don’t have installed a Custom Recovery you still can install Galaxy Note 4 Camera App on your Android device. To do so follow the steps:
- Download zip file and extract it.
- Open the extracted folder and copy the apk file that is inside the folder.
- Paste it to system/app.
- Move also the other files to system/lib.
- Set the right permission and you are done.
Once the phone is rebooted, open the camera app. It will force close. To prevent this open the camera app again and go to Settings > Mode > Manage Mode and switch from Shot and More to Selective Focus.