Are you an iPhone user? Wow first of all congrats. No doubt you are feeling awesome right now or maybe not because you are facing the home button not working issues on your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus.
Besides you, there are also may other iPhone user that are facing some problems with it. Recently Apple modified home button of iPhone 7 but even on this higher version like iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 plus also facing same problem rapidly.
Before launching iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus it was assured by Apple that, the problem of the home button will properly be controlled and come with a new variant. But unfortunately users are again suffering with the issue. Sometimes your iPhone 8 home button cracked or home button not vibrating.
Here’s not the end, in fact, there are many iPad users also complaining that the home button is not working.
How to fix ‘home button not working’ problem in iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus:
If you are user of iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus and facing same problem with your home button don’t panic.
A professional technician is obviously solution of all kind of problems but before going through you can try following troubleshooting guidelines and ways to solve this issue.
1. Restart your iPhone:
This is one of the best methods usually used by users firstly. It might be possible that your home button is working just because of the hanging problem or any software conjunction problem. In those scenarios this process helps.
- Go to the power button and you’ll receive an option with power off slide ‘slide to power off. Swipe it from left side to right side.
- Once you phone will be shut down again hold the button until Apple logo won’t come and once it’ll be appeared leave it.
2. Reset Setting:
Sometimes settings apply by the user unknowingly and by mistake. While users don’t know much about that option so biggest chance of forget the option. Some settings may affect working of the home button in your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
- Go to the ‘Setting app’ option in your iPhone.
- Now you’ll see ‘General’ option select it.
- In the ‘General setting,’ you’ll get ‘Reset’ tab so tap on the ‘Reset’ option.
- Now ‘Reset All Setting’ and your device will start resetting.
3. iOS Update:
Everybody should update their mobile apps rapidly because companies always modify their product and work on the bugs. Sometime problem of the home button may cause of this reason so first of all update your iOS in iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. It’s a good practice so don’t avoid it.
- Go to the ‘Setting app’ option
- Select ‘General’ tab and select ‘Software Update’ option there.
- In the manual guidelines your device will ask a ‘Passcode’ so enter your passcode and enter.
- Now you will again see option ‘Reset All Setting’ select this option and your iPhone start resetting.
4. Recalibration the Home Button and Make Responsive:
Recalibration makes your iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus more responsive. Every iPhone user should go through this option at least once in a month. Many times users responded that their iPhone 8 home button is not vibrating.
- First of all launches any of the stock application like; YouTube, Settings, Clock, Weather etc.
- Press the sleep/wake power button and hold it until your screen prompt ‘Slide to power off’.
- So slide it from left to right.
- Now press the ‘Home’ button and hold it until you again see the option ‘slide to power off’ goes out and your home screen will appear. Recalibration has been done now and made your home button more responsive and recalibrated.
5. Assistive touch for virtual home button:
In the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus there is an option ‘Assistive’ by which you can create a virtual home button on your device’s home screen if your iPhone 8 home button is not clicking. Sometime your home button don’t work you can go through this alternate solution;
- Click on the ‘Setting’
- Select ‘General’ and click on ‘Accessibility’
- Now you have to tap on ‘Assistive Touch’ and turn it on to make it enable.
- Click on the black button prompt on the bottom-left side of the device’s screen and virtual home button will be appeared with 3 other options on your home screen.
If all the above troubleshooting solution won’t work just go to the service center and hand-over your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus to the professional technicians. It might be the possibility of the home button damage or any other hardware failure so that your home button doesn’t work properly.
Go to the help desk and book your appointment.
If you have warranty then you’re superb lucky otherwise you can go through manual too.