In this post, you are going to learn how to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Max 2. This device is one of the best phablets you can ever buy. It comes with a huge 6.4-inch screen and a 5,300 mAh battery. Xioami Mi Max was launched with Android 7.1 Nougat, MIUI 8.5 and the device is expected to receive the Android 8 Oreo update but there is still time until the official update starts to roll out.
Anyhow, if you’re an Android enthusiast you may want to install Lineage OS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi Max 2. Lineage OS 15.1 is based on Android 8.1 Oreo and among its features, this ROM brings also plenty of other options to give you more control over your device. If you aren’t a fan of MIUI and also want to get the Android 8.1 update on your Xiaomi Mi Max 2, you might be happy to download and install Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo.
The ROM you are going to find below isn’t an official build but this doesn’t mean it is not stable. It is tested and it works fine and you can consider it using as a daily driver if you like it. Below you’re going to find all the steps you need to install Lineage OS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi Max 2.
If you are interested in enjoying Android 8.1 Oreo On your Xiaomi Mi Max 2, check the links below. Xiaomi may take a while to before releasing the official Oreo update. So why wait to get the Oreo features when you can install the Lineage OS 15.1.
- Make sure to unlock the bootloader first.
- Install the latest build of TWRP Recovery from the link below.
- Make a backup of all your important files such as photos, videos, documents and whatever you find important and don’t want to lose.
- Charge your phone up to %60 so you will be sure it won’t turn off unexpectedly during the ROM installation.
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo | Download
- TWRP Custom Recovery | Download
- Google apps | Download
- Root addons | Download
How to install Lineage OS Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Download the latest build of the ROM and your favourite Goole apps package.
- Move them to your phone internal storage.
- Turn off the phone and then boot it into recovery.
- Go to install section and flash the ROM.
- Go back to the main menu and flash the Gapps.
- Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache.
- Optional, if you want root access flash also SuperSU
- Reboot the phone.
You have successfully installed Android 8.1 Lineage OS 15.1 onXiaomi Mi Max 2. If you have any other question feel free to ask in the comment section below. We would be happy to help you with anything related to your device.