Huawei Ascend G620 is gifted with a port of CyanogenMod 13.0 that is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The build of CM 13 is available to download thanks to a Recognized Contributor at the XDA community named as surdu_petru.
CyanogenMod is a community build, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The ROM is designed to increase phone performance and reliability over the stock firmware of your device.
So today we are going to learn how to install CyanogenMod 13.0 Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Huawei Ascend G620S. We have done a step by step guide so even if you haven’t installed a ROM before and don’t know anything from ROMs and how they work, you be able to do it. Without further ado let’s jump into the guide how update Huawei Ascend G620S to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow using CM 13.
We shall not held any kind of responsibility for troubles you may experience on your phone. This is not an official ROM but it is tested and works fine except NFC. The developer says it will be fixed soon. However according to users who have tried this ROM it works fine. I don’t think NFC is a feature you use in daily life. That being sad the ROM is stable enough to be used as a daily driver.
So if you wanna try CM 13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Huawei Ascend G620 go ahead and follow all the steps below carefull. Remember always do a a backup. We recommend you to do a Nandroid backup. It will create a full copy of your current ROM including your personal files, settings and everything else. In case anything goes wrong or you simply don’t like the new ROM you can restore the backup and your phone will be like before installing the ROM.
- First of all CM 13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow you are going to find here is only for Huawei Ascend G620S. To check you phone version go to Settings > About Device. There you can find all the information about your device.
- You should have TWRP v220.127.116.11 installed on your phone. It will be needed to flash and wipe everything and than install the ROM.
- If you have installed TWRP we recommend you to do a Nandroid backup. It’s easy and you will have your phone files and data saved somewhere else and you can easily restore them.
- Charge your phone at least to 60% so you will be sure it won’t shut down unexpectedly during the ROM installation. Otherwise you may end in soft bricking your device.
- CyanogenMod (CM) 13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Huawei Ascend G620S
- Google Apps for Marshmallow.
How to install CyanogenMod (CM 13) Android 6.0 MArshmallow on Huawei Ascend G620S
- Take your phone and press the power button to turn it off.
- Using the proper key combination boot your phone into recovery.
- Perform a Nandroid backup and then go back to Recovery main menu.
- Wipe everything, Cache, Data, Dalvik Cache and System.
- Navigate to install and flash the CM 13 ROM.
- Wait for the ROM being installed and go back to main menu.
- Flash Android 6.0 Gapps.
- Wipe Cache and Dalvik and then reboot your phone.
The first boot may take more than usually because the phone needs to configure the files for fisrt time use. Usually it won’t take more than a couple of minutes. Once it’s turned on your Huawei Ascend will be running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow