Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and 6GB RAM are not only the conducted part but OnePlus 5 is a full pack of 64GB internal storage and 20MP primary camera. This Smartphone was sold-out only via an invite system by customers. After this big achievement company hold an open sale for its users. Ergonomic light and very fast charging capacity push users to but this gadget.
OnePlus 5 give you 40% faster AF (Auto Focus) than earlier version which encourages many of the people to shot with OnePlus 5. Here is not the end because you can now upgrade some of the features of Android phones in your OnePlus 5 using TWRP custom recovery. That simply means you can now acquire super access on OnePlus 5 and use your favorite root apps for cool stuff.
So here I’m going to cover everything in my guide to achieving root access on your OnePlus 5 and enjoy the betterment of the different Android apps right away;
Table of Contents
Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 5 Guide:
Setting ADB Driver:
- First of all, you need to setup Android Debug Bridge (ADB), it helps in transferring Linux commands as well as another Android command from PC to the devices.
- Download the adb-setup.exe
- Once it get downloaded double click on the executable file and Run
- After a few seconds you’ll see a blue command prompt and ask you to type ‘Y’ for Yes. So you have to enter Y and press enter key.
- It’ll take 10-15 seconds to be installed in your system.
If you haven’t installed yet, you can follow this guide to download and install adb and fastboot on Android device. In that guide, we have explained everything in detail you need to know about adb and fastboot.
Enable OEM unlock:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ and select ‘About Phone’ section.
- Now tap on ‘Build number’ 7-8 times.
- After that you’ll get your OnePlus 5 phone’s ‘Developer options’ enable
- Again go to the ‘Settings’ then ‘Developer options’ now select the checkbox ‘Enable OEM unlock’.
Enable USB debugging:
- Visit ‘Settings’ of your OnePlus 5 phone then go to the ‘Developer options’.
- Here you’ll see some checkbox so tick the ‘USB debugging’ checkbox and your USB debugging will be enabled.
Reboot your OnePlus 5:
- First of all connect your OnePlus device with computer system and open command prompt.
- Now type the command;
adb reboot bootloader
- If your phone screen asks any pop up confirmation box to allow USB debugging just select ‘Accept’ button.
Wipe the device and unlock boot loader:
- After above process your mobile phone will enter into bootloader mode so now you have to type the command;
fastboot oem unlock
- Press enter key and you’ll get unlock the bootloader in your OnePlus 5.
Overall process will take some time so don’t panic because once process will be finished your phone will automatically reboot and ready to install TWRP custom recovery.
Download and Install TWRP Recovery Guide:
You can download TWRP image file (.img) for your OnePlus 5 device from the below links;
- First of all go to the adb folder and press Shift+Right Click.
- A command prompt will be open inside that root folder.
- Connect your OnePlus 5 with PC and type the following command on cprompt;
adb reboot bootloader
Flash the TWRP recovery.img:
- In the root folder, you can see your downloaded twrp recovery.img
- Change the name of twrp recovery.img to img
- Now type flash recovery command into command prompt;
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Reboot device with flashed:
- Once you’ll enter the above command your command prompt screen will show some thread of flash processing.
- Once it’ll be done and TWRP successfully flashed in your android OnePlus 5 Smartphone you’ll have to use this command to reboot your device;
- Press enter and your device will be rebooted.
- Now enter the following command to boot into installed recovery on your OnePlus 5;
adb reboot recovery
How to Root OnePlus 5
Download and Install SuperSU:
- To root your OnePlus 5 download SuperSU.zip from this link.
- Copy the zip file and paste into the root folder of your mobile storage.
- Now boot your device into TWRP recovery mode as steps explained above.
- Select ‘Install’ and then ‘SuperSU.zip’
- Go to the bottom of the screen and do ‘Swipe’ to confirm the flash. This will begin the flashing process will take few time to be completed.
- Once it’ll get complete you’ll have option ‘Reboot System’ without any wait select the option.
Congratulation! Your OnePlus 5 is rooted now after rebooting get over.
TWRP is a very easy open source and similar to codework with a completely quality based framing of custom recovery for OnePlus 5 Smartphone. Even on this, you should be responsible for the cause if happen during the rooting and customization recovery program of TWRP. Keep Android in a careful manner.