In this post I am going to share a guide how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 7 using SuperSU. After a few days after the beast was released the guys behind the TeamWin project created a fully-working TWRP custom recovery.
It’s a pity not to root Galaxy Note 7. Does it make sense having a device with those specs on your hand but you can’t have fully-control over it? So why wait, let’s root Galaxy Note 7!
Now that TWRP custom recovery is available for Galaxy Note 7 you can easily root it using Chainfire’s tool called SuperSU. Chainfire has been updating its tool all the time to support all the latest device. The same thing happens even this time. SuperSU now supports Galaxy Note 7 and you can install it in just a few easy steps.
If you have been play with Android devices before probably you know how to flash SuperSU. However below you are going to find a detailed guide how to root Galaxy Note 7 with SuperSU. It’s quite simple. Read below for more:
Here at DoryLabs no one shall held any kind of responsibility for any problems you may have with your device. Things we share are tested before but this doesn’t mean that problems won’t happen. Make sure to follow every step carefully and if you need any other help feel free to ask in the comment section below.
- Install a Custom Recovery. If you haven’t done yet, here is a guide to install TWRP on Galaxy Note 7.
- Charge your phone up to 60% so it won’t go dead during the rooting process.
- Backup all your important files such as pictures, videos, documents and so on. In case something goes wrong you still have your files saved somewhere else.
How to root Galaxy Note 7
- Download SuperSU from the link above and move it to the phone memory.
- Turn off your device and boot it into recovery. To do so press and hold Volume Up + Power Button + Home Key.
- Once your phone boots into recovery go to the install section and select SuperSU you downloaded before.
- If it’s necessary flash again DM-Verify unlock package. Check the TWRP Recovery guide.
- Reboot your phone.
That’s all! You have now root access on Samsung Galaxy Note 7. It wouldn’t make sense not having root access on a device like Note 7. To verify root, you can download an app from Play Store called ‘Root Checker’