Many of you hold same mobile for a long-lasting period and there is a possibility of slowing down your messaging app on your phone. You might get irritate some time if you send some OTP and you don’t get it in your inbox on the spot. Obviously, it can be your big loss too. So it’s a good practice to delete old messages from your message box so that either sending or receiving message load time will be reduced.
It’s not hard to delete any message from your android mobile phone but I’ll clear you about every method by which you can delete threads from the storage library of messaging app on your phone.
So let’s start with;
Table of Contents
Individual/ Multiple messages:
- Open the particular message thread you want to delete by scroll.
- Now select and hold your finger on the particular message thread you want to delete.
- Once it’ll be highlighted you to the trash icon in the top-right corner of the display screen and tap.
- The selected message should be deleted now.
If you want to delete multiple messages at once you can select and hold more than one message threads one by one and then go to the trash icon and tap it.
Delete entire conversation of particular person or group:
Many of the time it requires to deleting the whole conversation of any messaging app. Even some time it takes more than 15-20 minutes to remove entire outdated conversations. To resolve this purpose you just have to follow the steps given below;
- Select and hold the particular thread which may be the whole conversation with particular one or a group’s conversation. Now you’ll see a selected checkmark on the selected group or thread’s icon.
- Now go to the top-right corner and tap on the trash icon to delete the entire communication message of particular person or thread.
If you receive a lot of messages in a day and involve in the hectic task or even if you want to not receive any new message in your message box you have a great option for Android.
- Install Textra like the third-party app to solve this problem.
- Once your installation process will be completed go to its ‘Setting’ option.
- After scrolling down you’ll get ‘More Stuff’ section in which you’ll find 5 different options;
- Quick Compose
- Quick Voice Memos
- Mobile Contacts Only
- Messages to Keep
- Go to the 4rth one option ‘Messages to Keep’ and after selection, you’ll get a pop-up screen to allow you to keep per conversation or not?
- Select ‘OKAY’ and now you can set minimum 25 messages. It’ll remove recent 25 messages per conversation.
Delete whole messages:
There’s no way to delete your all messages without going through the factory setting. For this purpose you reset your android phone will remove the whole message, conversation, and media threads. For this purpose you can follow the steps given below;
- Go to the ‘Setting’ icon on your android phone and tap it.
- Now scroll down the screen and go to the ‘Personal’ section. Here you’ll see an option like; Location, Security, Accounts, Language & Input and Backup & Reset.
- Select ‘Backup & Reset’ option.
- Now you’ll be able to see the screen of Backup & reset in which you have to go to the bottom section ‘Personal Data’
- Here you’ll find two option; DRM reset and Factory data reset. Select ‘Factory data reset’.
- Now you’ll see a confirmation message box says once you confirm this option all data and files will be removed from your phone storage.
- If you are ok with the terms then tap on the ‘Confirm’ button and your phone will get start to reset.
After a while, you’ll get your phone with default factory setting and all your messages and conversation will be removed.
Permanently Delete Messages on Samsung devices using Safewiper app
These are the best ways to erase messages on your device but it can vary from one phone to another. So to permanently delete messages from Samsung you can use also the Safewiper app. Below I’ll walk you through the steps how to do it.
Safewiper for Android is a professional data wiper software. It can wipe all the data on your device with almost 0 chance to recover them.
- Download and install Safewiper on your computer.
- Connect your phone to PC using a USB cable.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone so the computer will recognize the device.
- Once the computer recognizes the phone, the Safewiper app will automatically scan the device.
- On Safewiper select the option “Erase Private Data”
- Confirm to erase your messages and private data. You need to select a wiping level and then click the delete button.
- Select Security Level and confirm.
- It will take a short time to delete messages from your Samsung device. Don’t disconnect the phone from PC.
Safewiper is the best program to erase almost everything on Android devices such as photos, videos and every other file. It also is very useful to permanently delete messages.