A nightly build of CyanogenMod 12.1 based on Android Lollipop 5.1 has landed on Google Nexus 5. Nightly means that the ROM is stable enough to be consider as a daily driver. Finally after more than a month testing, the CyanogenMod team has launched the ROM for a few devices and Nexus 5 is one of them.
CyanogenMod 12 is based on Android 5.1 and brings tons of customizations and bug fixes. The Memory Leak issues which was reported in Android 5.0 is already fixed in the new update. CyanogenMod developers has also optimized the ROM to be faster and it’s free of bloats.
Even thought the phone is more than a year old it still has to many users, and what’s important developers are still supporting this phone. Nexus 5 users are to lucky. They receive the official update firsts and also there are many developers are creating ROMs and Mods for this device.
I shall not held any responsible for bricked device, dead SDcard or any other issue. Here at DoryLabs we only provide the guides but only you can decide to go further or not. So if you want to install CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1 Lollipop Nightly build on your Nexus 5 proceed at your own risk.
- The CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM you are going to find here is only for Nexus 5. Do not try to install it on other devices because you may end up with a soft bricked device.
- Charge your phone up to 70% so it will not turn off unexpectedly during the installation of the ROM.
- Always do a backup before performing such actions. I recommend to do a Nandroid backup because it will create a full copy of your system image including both personal files and data settings.
- Root access. If you haven’t rooted your Nexus 5 yet, check our fantastic guide.
- Custom Recovery. A recovery like TWRP or CWM is needed to install the ROM. If you haven’t installed one yet go and grab TWRP Recovery.
How To Install CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop 5.1 Nightly Build On Nexus 5
- Download both CyanogenMod 12.1 and Google Apps and put on the phone internal storage.
- Turn off your phone and then boot it into recovery.
- Wipe Cache, Data, Dalvik Cache and Factory Reset the phone.
- Go to install and choose CyanogenMod ROM that you have downloaded.
- Do the same thing with Google apps.
- Reboot and Enjoy.
The first boot may take more time than usually. Wait for the phone to successfully boot and it will be running a nightly build of CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop 5.1.