Finally, Lenovo K4 Note got Android 7.1 Nougat update. It’s not an official update but a Custom ROM. An unofficial build of Lineage OS 14.1 that is based on Android 7.1 Nougat is now available to install on Lenovo K4 Note.
The ROM is stable enough to be considered as a daily driver. So if you have ever thought to give a hit to a custom ROM you can’t find any better than the latest version of Lineage OS. The main reason why we Android freaks usually prefer a custom ROM instead of the stock firmware is;
A custom ROM is designed to run smoothly, is free of annoying pre-installed bloatware and brings the latest Android features. Also, custom ROMs are optimized with many options so you can make more changes to your phone than the stock firmware allows you to do.
If you make up your mind and want to install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat on Lenovo K4 Note A7010a48 go ahead and follow carefully all the steps below.
We are not responsible for any troubles or issues you may face right after installing the ROM. Make sure to research about the features included in this ROM before flashing it. Also, remember that your warranty will be voided if you tamper with any parts of the device. Follow all the steps carefully and if something goes wrong do not put the finger on anyone. You’re doing this at your own risk.
- Ensure you are using the latest Android Marshmallow firmware.
- Install the TRWP recovery that you can download below via fastboot or any other method. It’s not hard to do it. If you have another recovery installed, it might not work. Install the recovery you will find below.
- Charge your phone up to %60 so it will not shut down unexpectedly during the flashing process otherwise you may end up with a soft bricked device that will be hard to fix.
- Save your important files such as photos, videos, documents and so on because everything will be erased by the end of the process.
- Lineage OS Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Lenovo K4 Note A7010a48 | Download
- TWRP Recovery for A7010a48 | Download
- Android 7.1 Nougat Gapps | Download
How to install Lineage OS Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Lenovo K4 Note A7010a48
- Download the Lineage OS Android 7.1 Nougat ROM for Lenovo K4 Note and move it to the phone internal storage.
- Download Android Nougat Gapps and move to the phone internal storage as well. Put them somewhere to easily find later.
- Turn off your phone and boot into recovery using the proper key combination.
- There you can choose to make a Nandroid backup just in case you may want to revert back to your current ROM.
- On recovery main menu wipe Cache, data, system and internal storage.
- Go back to TWRP main menu and navigate to the install section.
- Select the ROM zip file and confirm to install.
- Wait for the recovery to install the ROM and do the same thing with your preferred Gapps package. This step is optional but strongly recommended to install the basic apps and the Google framework service.
Reboot the device and wait for it to turn on. The first boot may take a while, a couple of minutes so sit back and relax. There is nothing to worry since the system is being configured for the first time use.
Do you have any question related to the Lineage OS 14.1 Android Nougat for Lenovo K4 Note?
Feel free to ask in the comment section below. Also, if you have something you want to share with us, please do it by submitting a comment below.