The latest devices are running smoothly but if you want to tweak it even further and improve the performance then you definitely need root access. We have written about various root methods and in this article, we will walk through a guide how to root Galaxy Note 5.
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is very common among people but sometimes the low performance can make them down. People look out for different ways that can help to increase the performance of the phone and so the first thing is to root the phone.
It could make mobile work faster and more effective. People who root their Galaxy Note 5 try to install a custom recovery that allows installing Custom ROMs and Mods. Below, besides the root guide, you’re going to learn also how to install a custom recovery on your Galaxy Note 5.
How to root Galaxy Note 5
The first step to root phone is unlocking the bootloader. Before that, you need to enable also “Developer Options”. Go to Settings > About Phone and tap 7 times on Build Number. A message will show up saying “You’re now a developer”.
- Turn off the phone and boot into download mode or ODIN Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power Button. Release the key once the warning screen displays.
- Download ODIN.
- Download Noble kernel.
- They will be downloaded as zip file hence you need to extract them.
- Launch Odin on your computer and then connect the device via an original USB cable.
- Check the ID:COM box on ODIN. If the computer has recognized your device it should turn blue. If not then check the USB cable and install the USB Drivers.
- Click the AP tab and select the Noble Kernel file. It should have the tar.md5 format.
- Make sure re-partition is not checked on ODIN.
- Click Start and wait for the ODIN to install the Kernel.
- Once the process is completed you will get a green pass message on ODIN.
- Go to Play Store and download SuperSU. If requested update the binaries.
How to check if Galaxy Note 5 is rooted
If you have followed the above-given steps to root the Galaxy Note 5 must now confirm whether it is done correctly or not and so it requires to download root checker. Go to Play Store and install Root Checker. It will check whether the phone has root access or not.
How to install a custom recovery on Galaxy Note 5
It is very easy to install TWRP on Galaxy Note 5 as one just needs to download TWRP on their computer. It is easily available on different site and thus the recovery section is quite easy.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Note 5.
- Turn off your phone and boot into Download/ODIN mode.
- Connect it to PC.
- Launch ODIN and click on the AP Tab, select the TWRP Recovery file you downloaded from the link above.
- Click the Start button to initiate the process and wait until it gets completed.
- Reboot the phone and you have a Custom Recovery installed on your Galaxy Note 5.
If you have any question feel free to ask in the comment section below. We would be happy to assist you with everything you need related to your device.