Nexus 5X To Android 7.0 Nougat – Here is how to install it.
Google announced Android 7.0 Nougat few days ago. The new update is rolling out as a OTA but it will need a few weeks to reach all the devices. If you are like me and can’t wait for the update to reach out your country then read below:
In today’s post we are sharing with you a step by step guide how to install Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update files on Nexus 5X. Why wait for the official update to hit your device when you can install it manually if just few steps.
I strongly recommend you to go through each of the steps carefully and make sure not to miss a single one otherwise you may run into troubles.
Here at DoryLabs no one shall held any responsibility for any damage of your phone. We provide the files and the steps to follow to install them but if you run into troubles don’t put the finger to anyone. Everything posted here is tested before. So if you want to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Nexus 5X, do it at your own risk.
Before installing Android 7.0 Nougat on Nexus 5X you should be prepared. Go through each step carefully and then read further the installation guide.
- First of all make sure to back up all your important files such as photos, videos, documents, etc. In the end your phone will be fully wiped so you may not want to lose your files.
- Install ADB/Fastboot on your computer. If you have been messing up with your Android device probably you have them installed. If not, find the proper guide here.
- Download and install the right USB drivers on your computer. If you haven’t done yet follow our guide.
- Charge your Nexus 5X up to 70% so it will not shut down unexpectedly during the process. If it goes dead you will end up in soft bricking device and you may not want to deal with it.
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat Factory Image on Nexus 5x
- Download the zip file from the link above and put it to your ADB/Fastboot directory. It should be in Android SDK directory.
- For easier reference rename the zip file to something like nougat.zip.
- Turn off your device and then boot it into Bootloader Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power key. Keep them pressed until you see the Fastboot menu.
- Using the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select, go to Recovery Mode. Your device will boot into recovery.
- On Recovery Mode you will see the Android logo with an exclamation mark. Press and hold the Power button and after that press Volume Up once to get the menu.
- Using the volume keys navigate to Apply update from ADB and select it using the power key.
- Connect your phone to computer through an USB cable.
- On your computer go on android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory. This is the same directory you should have saved the nougat.zip file.
- In this directory open a command prompt. Press Shift + Right Click and a command prompt window will open.
- Type the following code: (I’m assuming you use windows PC)
adb sideload nougat.zip
Wait for the installation to finish and reboot your phone. The first boot may take more time than usually. Just sit back and relax. If you have any other question feel free to ask us in the comment section below.