People who are not able to buy expensive smartphones have found Xiaomi to be best for them. It is affordable and comes with all required features of a high-end device. Xiaomi has launched many phones that have helped it to get a good place in the market and some of them like Redmi 5A and Y1 are very popular.
Being popular devices they have got the attention of the developers which have released Custom ROMs and Recoveries for these devices. In this article, you will learn how to download and install TWRP Custom Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 5A, Redmi Y1 and Redmi Y1 Lite.
So if you have any of these phones make sure to follow all the steps carefully to install TWRP recovery. If you may have any question feel free to ask us in the comment section below the content. We would be happy to help you with everything related to your Android device.
Requirements to download and install TWRP
- You must have ADB and Fastboot drivers installed on your computer. So before going any further make sure to download and install them by clicking here.
- It’s strongly recommended to backup all your important files. Save them somewhere such as on your computer so no data is being lost while you try to get new features.
- Enable Developer Options. Take your phone and go to Settings > About Phone > MIUI Version. Tap a couple of times repeatedly 7-10 times and Developer Options will be enabled.
- Charge your device up to 60%. The process of installing TWRP on your phone will take a while and you don’t want your phone to shut down unexpectedly and end up in a soft bricked device.
- The bootloader of your device should be unlocked before you try to install TWRP on your Xiaomi device.
- TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi 5A | Download
- TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi Y1 | Download
- Custom Recovery for Redmi Y1 Lite | Download
How to install TWRP Custom Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 5A, Redmi Y1, Redmi Y1 Lite
- Download the TWRP Recovery for your Android device from the links above. Make sure to download it according to your phone model.
- Rename the TWRP file you downloaded to twrp.img and then copy it to the same folder where adb and fastboot are installed.
- Go to the fastboot folder and open a command prompt there. You can do this by holding the shift key and then right-click on a blank space.
- Connect your phone to PC using a USB cable. Once your phone is connected execute the following code to the command prompt.
abd reboot bootloader
- Once your phone boots into bootloader it’s time to check whether it is recognized properly computer. You can do this by typing the following code:
- If your device is shown on the list then you’re good to go and install the TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi phone. Type the following code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- That command will flash TWRP Recovery. Once the process is finished you will need to reboot your device. execute the following code:
The device will reboot and once it is turned on your device will have the TWRP recovery installed. You can boot immediately into recovery by pressing the proper key combination.
After the successful installation of TWRP you can enjoy Custom ROMs along with flashing different modes to tweak your phone setting and get a plethora of other features. If there is anything else we could help you today feel free to write and ask in the comment section below.