The Galaxy S8 was a game changer of the Samsung Galaxy S line. It comes as a cheery on the Iceland bucket and a lot of people prefer it instead of an iPhone. It has a new redesigned design and a plethora of features including a face recognition and also an iris scanner. When it comes to security, your Galaxy S8 can be very safe, Unfortunately, users have reported Galaxy S8 Face Detection not working.
How to setup face recognition on Samsung Galaxy S8:
- Go to phone settings and open it.
- Scroll down until you find “Lock Screen and Security” and select it.
- There you will find a different kind of security options like; screen lock type, face recognition, fingerprint scanner, iris scanner and smart lock.
- Choose the ‘Face Recognition’ option.
- You will be asked to enter a PIN.
- Put a new PIN and you will be able to read the instructions related to the Face Recognition security feature available on the Galaxy S8.
- After reading the whole instructions press ‘Continue’.
- Position your face and make sure it is in the perfect area so your phone can save it.
- Once it has been recognized by the phone, the option ‘Turn On Face Unlock’ will be prompted and you should turn it on.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 plus Face Detection Problem:
Many of the Samsung users are complaining about an issue with face detection in the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 plus. They complaining that GalaxyS8 face recognition is not working. The issues happened after they updated the phone. In this article, I’m going to give you some of the crucial tips you can go through to troubleshoot the Galaxy S8 face detection problem.
- Update your phone app:
For fluent service in any device, your device should be up-to-date. If your Samsung Galaxy S8 face recognition stopped working before updating the apps and Samsung service features on the phone then you must have to go with this option.
- Clear phone cache:
Clearing the cache memory is a good solution fix you can go through. For this you have to follow the steps below;
- Go to the setting option.
- Select ‘Storage’ option then you’ll see storage screen that gives you information about the cache data that are being used in the phone.
- Tap ‘Cached Data’ and then a confirmation box will prompt on the screen, select ‘ok’.
You cache data will be removed.
- Disable face recognition and again set it up:
- Disabling the face recognition option and then setting it up again is another solution for Galaxy S8 face recognition not working.
- Go to the setting option.
- Select ‘Lock screen and security’ then go to the ‘Face recognition’ option.
- You will have to enter your PIN you have created earlier during first set up of the face recognition so enter your PIN and tap ‘Next’ button.
- Now you will be able to see 3 options;
- Remove face data
- Face unlock (ON/OFF)
- Face unlock when screen turns on
- Select first option in ‘Manage face data’ section. Click ‘confirm’ and your face setting will be removed.
- After that, you restart your phone and again go to the face recognition setting to set up a new one. For this follow the steps I’ve mentioned earlier in this article.
- Reset factory setting:
This is the last option users consider if the problem is still continued then. For this please follow the steps given below;
- Hold the volume and power button at the same time and un-hold it when you see the logo on your Samsung screen.
- After some time you’ll see the menu ‘Android recovery’.
- Now again press the volume down button 4 times and you will be able to see ‘data/factory reset’ option select it.
- One more time press the volume button 7 times and ‘yes delete all user data’ will appear to select it with the help of power button.
Your phone will be reset.
Caution: If the above-mentioned options don’t solve your problem then go to the service center of Samsung.