CyanogenMod 12.1 has landed on another device. HTC One M8 is the next one which will receive an unofficial port of Android 5.1 Lollipop. HTC One M8 is already enjoying Lollipop 5.0 through an official update but there is no word for an official Lollipop 5.1 update based on sense 7.
So the only way to taste Android 5.1 on HTC One M8 is to install CyanogenMod 12.1. There are reported few bugs in Android 5.0 and this might be the reason you may want to update the phone. The biggest issue is Memory Leak but it is fixed through some easy steps.
CyanogenMod 12.1 based on Lollipop not only fix the issues founded on Lollipop 5.0 but also is improved for better performance. Since the Cyanogen Team are developers who hate those pre-installed apps and any other thing than can slow down your ROM, they have optimized the ROM to be faster and run without any lag.
If you would like to change the skin of your HTC One M8 you will not find better ROM than CyanogenMod 12.1. So if you don’t want to wait for the official Lollipop 5.1 update Sense 7 go ahead and install CyanogenMod 12.1 on HTC One M8.
Note: I shall not held any responsibility if you end up to bricked device, or any other issue. Here at DoryLabs we only provide the guides but only you can decide to go further or not. So if you want to install CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop 5.1 on HTC One M8 proceed at your own risk.
- Root Access. Make sure you have already rooted your phone then proceed with the installation of CyanogenMod 12.1 on HTC One M8.
- Custom Recovery. It is needed to flash the ROM file and the Gapps. Every Android device has a recovery installed by default but is very limited and doesn’t allow you to perform much actions.
- The CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM you are going to find here is only for HTC One M8. Do not try to flash it on other phones because you may end in bricked device.
- Always do a backup before installing ROMs or other mods that have to do with system changes. I recommend to do a Nandroid backup. It will create a full copy of your phone including file system and data.
- Ensure that your phone is charged up to 70% before going further. It will prevent your phone from shutting down during the ROM installation.
Install CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1 Lollipop on HTC One M8
- Make sure you meet all the requirements above and then continue.
- Download both CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM and Gapps and move them somewhere on your internal storage.
- Turn of the phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache.
- Install the ROM file.
- Install Gapps.
- Reboot System.
The first boot may take a while but it is normal. Android 5.1 is a big update and the phone need few minutes to configure files. If everything goes right I would appreciate so much if you hit the Like button below. If you have any question feel free to ask in the comment section below.