Finally the CyanogenMod 12 based on Android Lollipop made its way to Samsung Galaxy Express. Even though Samsung is not supporting these devices anymore, thanks to custom support they still can enjoy the latest features on Android.
Since in the beginning when Lollipop was announced and the source codes were released we saw a lot of devices receiving unofficially CyanogenMod 12 builds. CyanogenMod ROMs are the most stable and optimized ROMs you can find around the Android world. Now with the Lollipop features CyanogenMod 12 ROM is awesome.
This time the lucky device to receive this build is Samsung Galaxy Express. The ROM you are going to find below is only for International GT-I8730 only. There is also another Galaxy Express variant SGH-I437. They have the same name but this doesn’t mean that they have the same internal hardware.
Note: We are not responsible for anything happens to your phone. This method consists on flashing files and something might go wrong, so do it with your own risk. We have tested an the ROM runs pretty smooth. So if you want to enjoy it follow the steps below carefully.
- This method is only for Samsung Galaxy Express International variant GT-I8730 only. Don’t try it on other devices because it will result in phone bricking. To check your phone version go to Settings > About Phone > and check the phone version.
- This method involves in flashing files so it need a rooted phone and a Custom Recovery installed.
- Before flashing make sure to have this CWM Recovery installed. It’s a Odin flashable file and you can install it using Odin.
- Make sure you have charged the battery more than 70% so your phone will not go dead during the flashing process.
- Make a backup, just to be safe if anything goes wrong, so you will have access to your data and can restore them immediately.
- Download CyanogeMod 12 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop and everything else from here.
How to Install CyanogenMod Android 5.0.1 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Express International variant GT-I8730
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Once you are on Recovery make a Backup.
- Once it is finished go back to main screen.
- Select Wipe > System & Data, Cache, Dalvik and wipe them all.
- Go back to main screen and install the ROM.
- After installing the ROM install the Gapps.
- That’s all.
This ROM is stable enough to be used as a daily driver, so if you like the Lollipop and all it’s features, give it a try.