Verizon LG G3 has received an Android Lollipop official update. The update come as OTA and you can install it right away. Lollipop OTA firmware is available only for LG G3 with model number VS985. The firmware version is VS98423A and it’s the first official Lollipop update for Verizon LG G3.
The international variant of LG G3 has received Lollipop firmware update few months ago. The new version of Android is optimized to run smoothly and without any lag. Lollipop brings also plethora of features like the new Material Design UI, new system runtime for better performance and many bug fixes.
The Lollipop firmware for Verizon LG G3 will work only on a 12 b firmware. So if you are using and old version like 10 or any other, you have to install a 12B firmware and then install the OTA Lollipop Firmware.
This update will appear as a OTA update and you can install it by simply going to Settings > About Phone > Software Updates and check for updates. It’s the same firmware that the international variant has received. It will be available in many countries within few weeks. If it hasn’t arrive in your country yet, you can install it manually but these need some work.
The OTA package you are going to find here is takes directly from Verizon servers and signed from it so there is not any risk in installing the package. To install it manually you need to root your phone because you will have to activate a process called as VerizonHiddenMenu. It is hidded so it is needed root access to activate it.
If you want to install Android 5.0 Lollipop Official firmware on Verizon LG G3, go ahead and follow the steps provided in this guide.
Getting Things Ready
- Ensure that you are rooted. Root your LG G3 before continuing further.
- Install the proper drivers on your computer.
- Install ADB drivers.
- Enable USB Debbuging. If you don’t know how to do follow this guide How to enable Developer Options and USB Debugging.
- Lollipop OTA Firmware for Verizon LG G3. Download VS98523A 23A.up
How To install Android lollipop OTA Update On Verizon LG G3
- Download OTA Lollipop Firmware and put it into /storage/sdcard0/SoftwareUpdate/.
- Open a Command Prompt Window and execute the following command:
adb shell su -c “am start -n com.lge.VerizonHiddenMenu/.fota.DmcTestFotaMenu”
- The phone will scan for the OTA and Verizon Hidden Menu.
- Click on “Select Package” and select the OTA package you have downloaded.
- Once the OTA Lollipop firmware is installed reboot your phone.
Wait for the device to turn on and enjoy Official Android Lollipop on LG G3.