Galaxy Note Edge is the next device receiving a stock android Lollipop build. You may find Custom ROMs based on Lollipop but the ROM you are going to find here is a stock ROM which needed to be flashed via Odin.
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge launched as the most expensive phone in the market is very similar to Galaxy Note 4 expect the fact that it has a curved screen that looks pretty much beautiful along with the huge 5,6 inch QHD screen.
Galaxy Note Edge is running Android 4.4.4 KitKat. It can be updated to Lollipop not only through Custom ROMs anymore. If you don’t want to take all those long procedures including rooting, installing a Custom Recovery and in the end it will result in tripping KNOX that means that your warranty will be voided.
We managed to find a stock android Lollipop build to install in your Galaxy Note Edge. This is a stock firmware and the beauty is that it will not Tripp KNOX. So if you want to enjoy Lollipop but the official OTA update isn’t yet available for your device, this TW Lollipop build is the perfect choice.
- This TW 5.0.1 Lollipop build is only for SM-N915FY / SM-N915F. Don’t flash it on other phones because it will result in bricking it. Go to Settings > About Phone > Model Number. Make sure that Model Number is the same with the mentioned above.
- Always do a backup before taking such actions. Even though it is safe, who knows things can happens. So you still can access your files and restore them immediately.
- It is suggested to have a rooted phone but it is not a must. Since root allows you to do more actions on your device, we suggest you to have a rooted phone for better opportunity to tweak the settings.
- Android version: 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Build number: XXU1BOA2 (29 Jan)
- Doesn’t Tripp KNOX
- You can always upgrade to 4.4.4 KitKat
- TW 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware. Download here.
- Download Odin V3.09 zip file.
- Samsung Kies. Download here.
Install Stock Android Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
- Install Samsung Kies for drivers otherwise the computer will not recognise the phone.
- Install Odin V3.09.
- Reboot PC.
- Once it is turned on, boot your phone into Download Mode, Press and hold Home key + Volume Down + Power Button.
- Connect your phone to PC.
- Open Odin and put the files you download as in the picture below.
- Press Start.
- Your phone will reboot a couple of time. The final boot may last more than usually so wait for it to finish.
- That’s all. Your phone is running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.