Nexus 5X is a new device in the market but it’s getting better every day because of the developers who are creating cool stuff for this device. This time we want to share with you a guide on how to install Surround Sound Mod on Nexus 5X. This old mod being available for almost all the devices made its way to Nexus 5x.
This is a great device but it has only one speaker so probably you may need to tweak a bit its sounds and the best way to do it is to enable surround sound mod on your Nexus 5X. Thanks to a XDA developer named “sshafranko” you can have this mod on your phone.
The main idea of this cool mod is to make pthe sound come out not only from the main speaker but as well from the earpiece speaker which is used to hear when you make phone calls. Sound it’s a problem on a device like Nexus 5X so I’m quite sure you are going to like this mod.
The procedure is so simple. There are two ways to do it but we mostly recommend to install the mod using Recovery, but however you can download and extract the zip file and then copy the files in system/etc and set the right permissions to rw-r-r and then reboot your phone.
If you follow our advice install it using TWRP recovery and the guide how to do it is explained below.
Getting things ready
- Before doing any customization to the system make sure to backup everything on your device. A full backup or a Nandroid backup is recommended.
- You will need to install TWRP Recovery on your Nexus 5X.
- Install Nexus USB Drivers on your PC.
- Charge your phone at least to 60% so it won’t turn off during the installation process.
How to install Surround Sound Mod On Nexus 5X
- Download Nexus 5X Surround Mod zip file and move it somewhere on your device internal storage.
- Turn off your phone and boot it into Recovery. To do it press and hold Volume Down + Power Keys at the same time. Once you see the TWRP logo it means that you successfully booted into the custom Recovery.
- Once you boot into recovery, we recommend to do a nandroid backup just to be safe in case that everything goes wrong. Tap in the backup section and select all the partitions such as Data, System, EFS, Boot, Recovery.
- Once the backup process is finished go back to the main menu of TWRP and tap in the install section.
- Choose the sound mod zip file you downloaded and install it.
- Reboot your phone and you are done.
If you want to revert back to stock simply download and install Stock Sound Mod in the same way you did with the surround mod.
If you face any issue or if you have any other question related to this article feel free to ask in the comment section below.